Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Triberg: Best shop for handmade cuckoo clock?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2023, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be in Triberg in June and want to get a Cuckoo Clock. I was in Triberg 27 yrs ago and fell in love with a beautiful clock. I was getting married the next year and couldn't afford to buy it. Well fast forward four kids etc etc and I want to get my clock. I'm looking for a craftsman clock. Not a factory one. I remember there was a smallish shop , and I think the figures were like Hummels. Any suggestions?? Thank you for the help.
Old May 19th, 2023, 03:06 PM

Sorry, can't help you with a clock in Triberg but a back-up plan might be the cuckoo clock shop in Wiesbaden (not too far away, just near Frankfurt). It's near the tourist part of the town and sells all kinds of knick-knacks. It also calls itself 'the largest cuckoo clock in the world' because there is a clock in the pane of glass that is the front window. However I think it has a competitor in Triberg from what I have heard.

Address and website here: https://www.gifts-from-germany.com/internet/indexE.html

Lavandula
Old May 20th, 2023, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the info. I was looking at two stores in Triberg - Gerald Burger - Kuckucknest store and Oli Schnitzstube . Both are Master Carvers and hand make their clocks. I was hoping people had experience with them or a similar store.
Old May 20th, 2023, 03:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you read these threads?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...rttemberg.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...rttemberg.html
Old May 20th, 2023, 06:36 PM

What happened to my response? I had a TripAdvisor link also, where did it go?

Lavandula
Old May 22nd, 2023, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both so much. I did see both posts on Trip Advisor. I was looking for "outside" or other opinions. Sometimes especially on Amazon I think some of the recommendations are paid for so I was trying to do as much research as I could from multiple sources. I will certainly share what my experiences are so maybe I can help others. Its a little frustrating because I'd like to see more examples of particularly Gerard Burger's work.