Mongolia information

Search

Mongolia information

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2023, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mongolia information

Hi everybody! I went 7 times in Mongolia and I can help giving information about how to prepare a trip there, what to do… we always travel with a driver guide as easy and possible to go further than bus and can visit more. We always divide daily nomadic life evry night and could help nomads. It’s incredible experience! I recommend!
just contact me

enjoy mongolia
Old May 1st, 2024, 08:15 AM

Getting to Mongolia

Greetings!

I want to see Mongolia, perhaps this year. I will travel to Beijing first, and then to Mongolia.

Because I'll be 87 years old, I'll want to rest in Beijing for a couple of days and then travel on to Mongolia after that.

Any suggestions will be appreciated re: where to stay in Beijing that is fairly reasonable, close to town, how to get there from the airport.

Then, how to travel on to Mongolia and how to get a tour once I'm there. Interested in horseback riding, but seeing the culture is most important to me. I'm open to all suggestions.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 02:45 AM
Original Poster

information

Hi sorry for the delayed answer!

About Beijing /China: we went there before 2019 and found on booking.com a small hotel close center. You will find easy with any hotel platform something okay for you don’t worry of that.

From airport to downtown exist a subway/train remember was cheaper and easy. But sorry can’t remember exactly if we arrive to the hotel door with public transport and walking some meters or if when arrive to terminus of the subway/metro we take a taxi. What I remember is that the hotel was on hutong aera and cars couldn’t go inside in any narrow streets. But at airport especially because luggage you will find easy a taxi! The hotel was

Beijing Hyde Courtyard Hotel

Indirizzo: No. 11 Shijia Hutong , Xicheng, 100051 Pechino, Cina

Telefono: +86 183 1041 7792

In any case NEVER take a tuk tuk down town to move as they will ask you twice or more tha a real taxi, we did the experience and toward the amount they asked when arriving in hotel we refuse to pay and we didn’t pay! So take taxi or bus or subway but never tuk tuk even was pleasant the way!

To travel from Beijing to UB: you can choose the trans Mongolian train who second the season is not daily, better to reserve, or the plane.

About MONGOLIA:

To find a tour isn’t so difficult! But first at all you have to decide how long you can stay in Mongolia

Then how to discover this big and wonderful country. As you are 87 I suggest to rent a jeep with a driver so according the number of days you are supposed to stay there being independent you can stop where you want, if tired stop before…. Of course can be more expensive, but in case by example to rent for 15 days just rent some days less

You can find many travel agencies, all are good on the paper, then depend of price, how they describe tour and exactly do…..

We went 7 times in Mongolia from 2000 and our first independent guide driver has been so good that always we go with him. Reliable, nice, good advice, basis the person he has with him he knows well have to do and never impose. I just can higly recommend it. Then by contacting him you will understand if he can be okay for you, how to prepare the trip, express all you want to do or not and so to ad in your own program. If you contact just also say your age can can better give advice and also you an write about the places you think to discover. Mongolia is big country and so have to do choice! But by example with 10 days you can have a wonderful trip with different landscape and also have contact with nomadic life (you can go from Ub towards Gobi, return by arkahngai and Kharakorim)

Price is 150 euro per day including petrol, car and driver. Then count around 35/40 euro per day to eat and sleep. But if you decide to pitch your tent so it will be free for sleeping! Contact: [email protected] . also he can help to lodge you: he has a small guest house or if you prefer other kind of hotel he can provide or suggest. Also you can find on hotel platform. He will pick you upon arrival.

Contact with nomad is easy, especially if you are alone with your driver or own group if you might go with friends. At night the best is to go to sleep to nomads! Cost is around 10 euro/head and so or you will sleep with them or sometimes have a guest yurt they rent to tourists and as the yurt are closed their yurts you will have always contact as in reality you will live with them, follow the, observe them , participate and just go under your yurt for sleeping

Nomads are friendly and happy to have guest and to divide with them. No problem for language! Gest, drawings, application… you will have a dip contact.

And if they feel you are interested by their way of life, animals… it will be more easy!

The right season is from mild June to mild September. August is peak season and can be difficult to find a tour or a independent driver or reserve long time ahead! The week for Nadam is full of tourists! Interesting Nadam but best idea is to see it on steppe….

HORSE RIDE. Depend if you want to do all the time riding? In that case you need to contact and agency who do only this kind of trip and see if they do groups or you can do alone or with your own group

If not in some different places during your jeep trip it will be possible to ride some hours. Just if you contact our guide talk also about the horse ride, so together you can build the perfect trip where you will have a opportunity to ride some hours

You might be conscious that Mongolia is difficult as no comfort as we know: on steppe sometimes smalls hotels some modern as our and some just rudimental, also when sleep to nomads no shower and toilet, you ae also supposed to sleep on the floor when go to nomads, if on guest yurt but no all of course have, you will have a bed. But the only way to have contact and opportunity to understand way of life is to live the most as possible with them and observe!

Hope I could answer to some of your doubt and just ask me more!

Enjoy Mongolia
Old May 12th, 2024, 06:51 AM

How to find a guide once I'm in Mongolia. I don't want a tour, I prefer a guide.