Search

Malaysia with kids 1 month travel- best time to go

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2022, 04:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malaysia with kids 1 month travel- best time to go

Hello to all
We are a young couple from Portugal. We are planning a 1 month travel in Malaysia with our 9 year old daughter. We are still in the beginning of our research, we have open dates so we are trying to figure out out is the best time to go there and stay for 1 month. From what i've seen, half of the year is raining in one side of the country and on the other half of the year is raining on the other side. Taking into consideration that we want also some beach time and to go to Burnei side of Malaysia, what would be the best time to go, March?
Also tips on best cities or villages to go with kids are welcome as we are starting our research.
Would love to hear from you.
Kind Regards from Portugal
Hugo
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 10:52 AM

Hi Tornelo

March would be a great time for the west coast of Malaysia. It is the dry season. Indeed the dry season there lasts from Nov to April but it can be v. hot. You could easily spend a month explore that part of Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Cameron Highlands , Ipoh, Taman Negara NP are all very much worth spending time in. Langkawi is great for a beach break. The east coast is less developed and would not be my first choice for a first visit.

I presume you mean Borneo rather than "Burnei"? Malaysia borneo is split not two states, Sabah and Sarawak. Both are worth visiting and have a lot to interest you and your daughter. Lots of wildlife and jungle to explore. The main city in Sabah is Kota Kinabalu , a good entry point. Kinabalu NP is worth a visit Sepilok of the Orangutan sanctuary, the Tip of Borneo has wonderful, if remote beaches. The Kinbangtan River and Danum Valley are great for wildlife. Sarawak's main city is the wonderful Kuching. Lots of beaches and jungle opps on the doorstep. Mulu NP is wonderful.

Borneo can be visited pretty much year round.

Some of these places we covered in our blog @ https://accidentalnomads.com/category/malaysia/ . Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tornelo
Hello to all
We are a young couple from Portugal. We are planning a 1 month travel in Malaysia with our 9 year old daughter. We are still in the beginning of our research, we have open dates so we are trying to figure out out is the best time to go there and stay for 1 month. From what i've seen, half of the year is raining in one side of the country and on the other half of the year is raining on the other side. Taking into consideration that we want also some beach time and to go to Burnei side of Malaysia, what would be the best time to go, March?
Also tips on best cities or villages to go with kids are welcome as we are starting our research.
Would love to hear from you.
Kind Regards from Portugal
Hugo
November to April is a suitable time to beach especially Langkawi.