Judique to southern Maine - 2 night stop in between

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2022, 03:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you were going to drive from Mabou or Judique to southern Maine, where would you stay to break up the drive? My husband has the idea of focusing this trip next summer on Cape Breton and save NS for another visit. This means we'd skip Halifax, Peggy's Cove, Mahone Bay, and Lunenburg until our next trip

We thought of driving from Maine to Pictou for the first 2 nights of our trip. Then continuing on to Iona for the day, then spending 2 nights each in Louisbourg, Baddeck, Cheticamp, and Mabou. Leaving Mabou, we want to stop at the Celtic Music Interpretive Center in Judique. After that, we're stuck. We need one more place to stop for our last 2 nights before driving home. How's Truro? Any other suggestions welcome!
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 07:51 AM

I’ve only passed through Truro so can’t speak to the town but Moncton New Brunswick might be worth considering. I appreciated the small city’s bilingual Acadian French-English dynamic. The French spoken there has a remarkably different sound and vocabulary relative to greater Montreal, where I live. While my favourite thing was soaking up the Acadian vibe, attractions in the city itself are only a few. I can’t speak to them as I’ve not been but nearby beach communities like Shediac on the Northumberland Strait, which are purportedly remarkably warm (I believe this to not be false advertising as I’ve experienced the warm waters on the south shore of PEI) with seafood on offer, and Hopewell Rocks, a recommended nearby site, might also sway you to consider Moncton & vicinity.

I’ve never been but Saint John would be where my curiosity would take me returning from Cape Breton.
Old Jul 30th, 2022, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Daniel! We stayed in St. John a few years ago and enjoyed Hopewell Rocks. We just worked on our itinerary for the billionth (and last time!), and I'll start a new thread. Thanks again!