Search

TGV tickets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2022, 08:26 AM
mde
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TGV tickets

I'm arriving in Paris CDG on Saturday May 7 and want to take the TGV to Marseille. I'm wondering if the train will be crowded and whether I should book my ticket in advance instead of at the station, but also worried about missing the train if my flight is delayed. Would appreciate advice!

Old Apr 15th, 2022, 11:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Since it's a holiday weekend (May 8th being a holiday even though it falls on Sunday some people will get compensatory time), the train very will may be full if you don't book in advance. Not to mention the much higher fare you will pay if you don't book ahead of time.
Old Apr 15th, 2022, 11:44 AM

What's the time frame, mde? Plane lands when? TGV leaves when? As kerouac writes, advanced tickets necessary. But, leave as much time after landing as possible.
Old Apr 16th, 2022, 05:20 AM
mde
Original Poster

Flight arrives at CDG at 7 am. First direct TGV to Marseille is about 10 am. Next direct TGV is about 2 pm. There is an earlier one where we would have to change trains and wait 40 minutes for the train to Marseille.

The 2 pm train is much cheaper. I hate the thought of waiting for 5-6 hours. But I would also be very upset if my flight is delayed and I miss the 10 am train.

Anyway thank you for the advice. I will buy tickets for the 2 pm train!
Old Apr 16th, 2022, 11:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
The 10am train should be fine but if it is too expensive, you might as well wait for the cheap one.