Search

What's up with Hualtuco?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2021, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up with Hualtuco?

Hola Fodorites -
We are thinking about going to Hualtuco in about a year, February of 2023. Most likely flying into the airport from CDMX. Heard there is some decent snorkeling and nice beaches. Who's been there? Where did you stay? How did you get around? Any other info I need to know?
Muchas gracias
Old Dec 1st, 2021, 11:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
It's been a good number of years since we've been there. We stayed in town, La Crucecita, at Mision de los Arcos. Nice 'budget boutique' hotel with great coffee. Felt my first earthquake there, albeit minor. The beaches are indeed some of the nicest on the Pacific side. However, unless you're in one of the big resorts, you pretty much need to take taxis to get to them. Some I think are only accessible by boat. When we were there we like Playa Conejos as it was deserted. Just my wife and I and 3 fisherman with a seafood enramada. Taxi then hike a 100 yards down the hill. There's a resort there now, sigh. We spent a couple weeks in Oaxaca City, then flew to Huatulco in a Cessna Caravan via Aerotucan. About a 40 minute flight. We then flew back to Mexico City. We rented a car one day and drove up to Puerto Escondido. If I were to go again, I'd spend more time exploring the coast rather than spend all our time in Huatulco.
This is a good resource:
https://tomzap.com/huatulco.html

Last edited by baldone; Dec 1st, 2021 at 12:07 PM.
Old Dec 3rd, 2021, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the great link. I think next year we are going to substitute some time Huatulco instead of Troncones.