Christmas eve dinner in SEvilla

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2021, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christmas Eve dinner in SEvilla-how can we find what's open? I am using the fork but then getting cancellations....thanks
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 09:42 AM

plambers,
I've received 4 cancellations already for holiday restaurant bookings I've made on The Fork in both Madrid and Lisbon, so I feel your frustration.
It appears that restaurant owners have failed to block out those dates with The Fork or the restaurants have private parties reserved for those dates.

In the past the Robles group has kept one of its restaurants open for Dec. 24-25. I checked the booking engine of CASA ROBLES in the Santa Cruz quarter, and it appears that tables are bookable for both nights.
www.casarobles.es

The Michelin-starred chef Eneko Atxa has just opened his Sevilla restaurant, called BASQUE, in the new Radisson Magdalena Plaza Hotel. It may be open for those nights, but he may have a gala dinner planned.
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...staurants-bars

In my experience the Sagardi group keeps its restaurants open either Dec. 24 or 25 or both. The Sagardi restaurant in Seville is ORIO in the Arenal quarter. Although I'm not a fan of their mayo-based pintxos served at the bar (to me they all taste the same), in their dining rooms, they do serve an excellent Basque grilled rib steak. Sagardi sources its beef from Luismi in the Basque Country, one of Spain's best purveyors. You could do worse. Their red piquillo peppers are also excellent.
https://www.opentable.com/r/orio-sev...evilla?lang=es
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 10:00 AM

I just checked the Restaurante San Fernando inside the Hotel Alfonso XIII, but they will close on 12/24 & 12/25. I also checked the Hotel-Restaurante La Taberna del Alabardero on Calle Zaragoza, belonging to the Lezama group with hospitality school. They will be open Dec. 24 for lunch only.
Old Nov 16th, 2021, 02:41 PM

plambers,
Our friend Shawn, Azahar Sevilla just tweeted this very handy list of openings:

https://azahar-sevilla.com/sevilleta...ear-2021-2022/
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much! san marino is open but there are no choices on the menu. let me see what shawn says.
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 10:40 AM

it's typical that the special Christmas Eve menus are a set dinner, with no choices.