Covid tests to return to US

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2021, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All- I will be returning to the US from Madrid on Oct 20. I understand the need to get a neg covid test 3 days prior. I would like to use the Binax in-home tests for convenience but see that they require storage to be below 86 degrees F. I will be on the road a lot and the test kits may be in the car for a few hours at a time and the temp might go above 86.
Anyone have experience travelling with these kits in warm climates? Or does anyone have suggestions for local pharmacies in Madrid, we are staying in an airbnb near the train station, that will do the covid test for a reasonable fee?
TIA, Alice
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by astein
Hi All- I will be returning to the US from Madrid on Oct 20. I understand the need to get a neg covid test 3 days prior. I would like to use the Binax in-home tests for convenience but see that they require storage to be below 86 degrees F. I will be on the road a lot and the test kits may be in the car for a few hours at a time and the temp might go above 86.
Anyone have experience travelling with these kits in warm climates? Or does anyone have suggestions for local pharmacies in Madrid, we are staying in an airbnb near the train station, that will do the covid test for a reasonable fee?
TIA, Alice
No experience with Madrid specifically. I took my “come home test” in Palermo 2 weeks ago. Madrid.of course is a giant city and you shouldn’t have any trouble. I would email your AirBnB host and ask for their recommendation of a nearby place. Clinic or pharmacies are probably most likely. Get the rapid antigen test if you can vs. The PCR so that you don’t have to wait more than an hour for your results.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

thanks! Will check with airbnb host!