Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Road Trip from Celina Texas to either Gulf Shores Alabama or Florida

Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am looking for a place on a rode trip heading from Celina Texas to either Gulf Shores or Florida. I want to stay on the beach for 3 nights on the gulf or ocean, have it be not far into Florida, like flea markets, doing new things as we have only been to New Orleans in Louisiana so are open for ideas, have never been to Gulf Shores either but hear it has white sand. We have about 9-10 days to play with. Any advice appreciated. Also, hotels and condo's are very expensive on the beach I've seen so far, especially in Gulf Shores. Thanks.
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 01:37 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Going to Pensacola, drive to Hattiesburg MS for an 8 hour day. Expect to see a few hurricaine damaged homes and hotels near the beaches. Come back home by way of Baton Rouge LA.
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 03:40 PM

When is this trip? I would pick Pensacola Beach over Gulf Shores. The island is not wide so even if your hotel is not directly on the beach, you'll be steps from it. You say you have 9 or 10 days but you only want to stay on the beach for 3? If you stay for a week you could rent a condo and probably get a better deal than a hotel.
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 05:22 PM

We like Navarre but it’s a bit more quiet and less developed. I agree on condo being best choice.
Old Jun 29th, 2021, 06:08 PM

Gulf Shores is a favorite for us. Being in Louisiana it's a shorter drive and has beaches just as beautiful as the Florida panhandle - less popular/crowded. IF you're truly looking for just a beach trip, try for something on Fort Morgan, AL. Wonderful beaches, isolated, best place to just stay and enjoy beach time for a couple of days. We go every year and love it.