Site to search multiple destinations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2021, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of an off-the-wall question, but is there a site that you could search multiple destinations, from one departure location, for the best price / schedule / etc.? I've googled and done other searches and have not found such a tool. Background, we could fly into one of several cities in Europe for extended stay. We would fly from the U.S. If you know of such a site, I'd appreciate you please passing along!
Old Mar 16th, 2021, 12:32 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Google Flights is very useful. Among other things it lets you search for flights between up to (I think) seven departure and seven arrival airports.
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 06:57 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd suggest ITA (which is owned by Google and can link to Google Flights for booking.) It's a very powerful search tool that actually powers several third-party search engines. https://matrix.itasoftware.com/ Here's a screenshot of how you'd do this -

In the "Departing [rom" box you'd put your airport of choice. This could be multiple airports, separated by commas but not spaces, e.g. ORD,MSP. Then list several European airports in the "Destination" box the same way - commas, no spaces between the possible destinations. You can also go for a specific day or for a month's range. (The longer the dates and the more origin/destination options, the longer the search will take.)

Using my example, here's the result ITA displayed after a few seconds -

Then clicking on one of the dates (I picked June 15) you'd get this screen, which I've cut off after a few entries - it extends for several pages.

You can see the departure times, airline and plane change locations if applicable. When you see something you like you can link to Google Flights and book the flight, or go to the airline's site and do it there. Learning how to use ITA's "route syntax" is extremely useful if you fly a lot.

Old Mar 17th, 2021, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, janisj and Gardyloo!! Great information and fabulous screen shots. Happy Travels and Thanks Again!!
Old Mar 24th, 2021, 05:10 PM

Thank you! I need to get going!
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 04:34 AM

Be aware that IATA is not useful for domestic USA flights, it won't show Southwest Airlines, or many of the other small airlines, and while Kayak and Google Flights will at least show the flights, none of them will show the price on Southwest Airlines flights.
Old Mar 31st, 2021, 11:30 AM

Gardyloo, that is an excellent intro to that website. It has a lot features.

I'd like to point out the Round trip tab. The above showed the One-way tab.

On the Round trip tab, under the See calendar option, you can specify a Length of stay as either a single length 5 days, e.g. or a range 9-12 days. Hover over a date on the calendar and you see the lowest fares for each day in the range.

On the other tabs, where you specify a date, you can show plus/minus two days. You might find that a travel date a day (or two) earlier or later might have a much lower fare.

You can use "All aiports" codes for departure and destination. CHI (Chicago) and PAR (Paris) might not be too useful (you could just enter Chicago). But NYC (New York) and LON (London) are more useful TYO (Tokyo) is a must use and OSA (Osaka) for Japan. Or just type in the city name.

And then there is the Nearby option. And many more.
Old Jul 13th, 2021, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by kwood1955
Kind of an off-the-wall question, but is there a site that you could search multiple destinations, from one departure location, for the best price / schedule / etc.? I've googled and done other searches and have not found such a tool. Background, we could fly into one of several cities in Europe for extended stay. We would fly from the U.S. If you know of such a site, I'd appreciate you please passing along!
Which particular country you are planning to travel to?
Because there several small to medium-scale websites that offer detailed tours for a particular country.