Spring break in Southern Utah

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2021, 02:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I’m thinking of spending 5 -6 days in Southern Utah for Soring Break. I am thinking of flying in/out of Las Vegas. I’ve already been to Bryce. Besides Zion, where else should we go? I would love to go to Antelope Canyon, but doubt if will reopen in time for our visit. We enjoy hiking and would like time to enjoy the parks. I don’t want to rush thru and hit 4 or 5 parks. How many days in Zion should we spend? Where else should we go? Page area: Horseshoe Bend and Lake Powell? Is South Rim of Grand Canyon too much driving? I appreciate any suggestions.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 03:36 AM

We have done loops from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon south rim to Bryce, to Zion and back to Vegas or in the opposite order, with stops at Hoover Dam and/ or Antelope Canyon and/or Valley of Fire SP, and/or Red Rock Canyon. I would guess that Antelope (a Navajo park) will not be open due to covid. Look for lodging in or near the parks ASAP and plan the direction of the loop based on availability.

Last edited by oldemalloy; Feb 8th, 2021 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Typo
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 06:29 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
How many is the "we"? Since you have already seen Bryce Canyon, I would consider flying to SLC and visiting Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Route 12 and ending in Zion. Save the Grand Canyon for another trip of at least a week including Hoover Dam and the sights around Las Vegas. All of the "Big 5" are great but don't rush them. Are you all planning on being fully vaccinated before the trip? It is truly sad what has happened to the Navajo Nation in the past 11 months.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 08:24 AM

Be aware that you'll need advance reservations for timed shuttle tickets at Zion again this season https://www.nps.gov/zion/planyourvis...le-tickets.htm

You could spend a couple of days around Kanab and hike in that area.

The Hwy 12 area is another possibility.
Old Feb 10th, 2021, 10:15 AM

Search this site for itineraries and trip reports. You will find many. If you click on my user name you will see trip reports for all the Utah National Parks.