Japan Trip 2022

Search

Japan Trip 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2020, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Japan Trip 2022

Me and a few friends have started tossing out ideas for a vacation to Japan in the late spring or early summer of 2022. So far the only thing I’m sure of is that we want the trip (excluding flights) to last more than a week but no more than two.

I don’t yet know what part of the trip is most important to each individual, but I’m sure a festival would be a great way to remember our first trip to a new place. From what I’ve been able to find, spring festivals will be crowded and travel during that time of year is expensive. Early summer seems to be the best mix of weather, travel costs and crowding, but there don’t seem to be any major festivals happening during those first few weeks of summer.

My question for anyone that might be able to help: are there are any matsuri happening in May or June that aren’t supremely local? I have apprehensions about being a tourist at a small festival but if I’m being paranoid I’d be more than happy to visit as many small festivals as I can!