Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Itinerary for exploration between Bergen and Lillehammer?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2020, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would appreciate suggestions of where to go in Norway between June 30, when I'll be in Bergen, and July 2 when I want to arrive in Lillehammer. I would like to travel by buses and trains, if possible.
My trip already includes a 10-day hiking tour that hits Oslo, Bergen, Geirangerfjord, Storsaeterfossen waterfall, the Andalsnes Valley, Oppdal, Bodo, and Lofoten Island.
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ntanguera
I would appreciate suggestions of where to go in Norway between June 30, when I'll be in Bergen, and July 2 when I want to arrive in Lillehammer. I would like to travel by buses and trains, if possible.
My trip already includes a 10-day hiking tour that hits Oslo, Bergen, Geirangerfjord, Storsaeterfossen waterfall, the Andalsnes Valley, Oppdal, Bodo, and Lofoten Island.
Enjoy Bergen as a city then. If you must hike: Fløyen.
Old Feb 16th, 2020, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I see that I will be going to Rundemanen and Mt. Fløyen with my hiking tour.
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 12:19 AM

One day - 2 nights?
If you are not interested in Norway in a Nutshell tour then perhaps take the train and stop overnight in Finse - https://finse1222.no/en/ There is also a lodge there and a tour to the glacier.
Or train to Haugestøl, hire a bike and cycle Rallarveien to Flåm and train to Oslo. Overnights in Finse and Flåm. - https://www.rallarvegen.com/en/all-inclusive-package