paracas/ica/lima/peru

Search

paracas/ica/lima/peru

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paracas/ica/lima/peru

Thinking of visiting family in Lima as well as in Ica. I have not been in Peru for over 30 years. Thinking of spending a day or two in Paracas. The various questions/ input I am interested in: Going from Lima to Paracas-Ica, there is a Hop On Bus; if me and my wife spend two days in Paracas, has anyone had experience with either the Doubletree Hilton versus the Hotel Paracas-Marriott; overview flight possibly of Nasca Lines; one or two special things to see in Lima. We were at Hotel Paracas around 1985, a very different time. I probably would stay with family in Lima and Ica.
Old Dec 14th, 2019, 09:32 AM
kja

I haven't been to Ica or Paracas, and so can't help with that part (sorry), but you might get some ideas about Lima from my trip report -- the section on Lima starts with post # 67. For my interests, the Larco and Amano were museums that struck me as special, and if you're looking for a splurge meal, I thought Maido extraordinary.
Praise for Peru – A report of my solo month in this amazing country
Enjoy!
Old Dec 15th, 2019, 08:08 AM

Sorry I don't have any experience with the luxury hotels in Paracas. I did enjoy going on the Ballestas trip, and to the Peninsula.

For the Nasca flights, it is over very quickly. If you leave from Ica it may be different, but I understand their planes are bigger and you don't always get a window seat. I would recommend watching the NatGeo Video a few times (you can find in on Youtube and they were playing in the airport lobby). I might recommend spending the night before in Nazca so you can go early in the day. Flights are sometimes cancelled also. In Nazca is interesting to see the lines on the ground, the Chauchilla Cemetery and the Cantalloc Aqueducts.