Flight from Belize City to San Pedro

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2019, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! My family of 5 will be arriving at Belize City Airport at 12:34pm on 7/27/2019. How much time should I allocate to get through customs to make a connecting flight to San Pedro Airport? Should I book the 2:40 or the 3:40 flight?

TIA
Old Jun 25th, 2019, 06:22 AM

Book the 2:40 flight -- that gives you 2 hours which should be plenty of time.

It has never taken more than about 45 minutes for me (solo traveller) to get through Immigration, baggage claim and Customs, but depending on how many planes land at the same time, it could take longer, and with a family of 5 AND being a Saturday, it could take longer than 45 minutes.

At the International airport, the domestic check-in is a short 20 metre walk after Customs. The domestic airlines are also fairly flexible about putting you on an earlier or later flight depending on what time you land, so don't worry too much.

For your return flight from Belize, airlines request that passengers check-in at International 3 hours before departure time.
Old Jul 15th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Thank you MisterB2. I did book the 2:40. I'll let you know how it goes. We leave in less than 2 weeks.
Old Jul 16th, 2019, 05:18 AM

The websites show 4 flights around 1:40 between Tropic Air and Maya Island Air and I'd book one of those, frankly. We usually fly carryon only (but not always because of dive and fishing gear) and have never had a time when an hour and change wouldn't have been enough to make the connection between our international flight and wherever we were flying (that's generally been Caye Caulker but a few times San Pedro or Punta Gorda). Even if your international flight is delayed, I think the airlines would get you on the next flight.

Heading back to Belize in the fall and will be flying on to Caye Caulker. MrB - if something has changed to make just over an hour insufficient, please let us know.