NF Iceberg hunt June 2019

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headed to NF in late June hoping to see icebergs and do some hiking/walking. Arrive in St. Johns on a Friday, mid-afternoon, and plan to stay the night there. We then have 7 full days before flying out of St. Johns on Saturday morning. Although Gros Morne looks amazing, we're going to stick to the east coast. Our current plan is 2 nights in Twillingate area, 2 nights on Fogo Island, and 3 nights in Bonavista before heading back to St. Johns. We are aware that the drive from St. Johns to Twillingate is 8+ hours but hope that once we're there we won't have too much driving to do. We also know that the bergs are unpredictable. We enjoy hiking/waling along the coast or anywhere, historic sites, local crafts, and good - but not fine - dining! Will probably book a boat tour to see what's out there. Does anyone have thoughts on this plan or what towns to stay in? Help would be much appreciated!
Old Apr 18th, 2019, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There might be some useful info in my trip report, including a link to an iceberg finding site. I haven't checked--it's possible links may no longer work.
Have a fun trip, ours was!

A week in Eastern Newfoundland