Seeking Restaurant Recommendations in Paros and Santorini

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I will be spending our honeymoon in Paros and Santorini in June. Specifically, we're staying in Naoussa for four nights and Imerovigli for five nights. We would love some restaurant recommendations for mid-priced restaurants and maybe one or two splurge restaurants.

We also have two nights in Athens so any restaurant recs there would be much appreciated. We're staying at the Hotel Grand Bretagne. Has anyone eaten at their rooftop restaurant?
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 04:39 PM

Santorini: Metaxi Mas in Exo Gonia, Taverna Katina in Amoudi Bay below Oia, Kastro Restaurant in Oia for sunset, Santorini Mou Taverna in Oia for live Greek music and fun, Taverna Kallisti in Pyrgos,
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 04:45 PM
kja

In Santorini: NOT Aktaion (unsatisfying service)

In Athens:
Kuzina: Absolutely wonderful!
Athenaikon: Very good food, service, setting!
GH Attikos: I’m glad I ate there and enjoyed it’s rooftop restaurant.
Skoumbri – maybe -- tasty food, pleasant setting, nothing particularly special
Dionaysos Zonar’s – NO!
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 05:30 PM

1. In Naoussa: recommend to go to Kolimbithres Beach (take ferry from Naoussa). Beautiful beach. We ate at a very good restaurant there overseeing the beach - sorry forgot the name.

2. Santorini: recommend to do the Sunset tour on Dreamcatcher by Capt Ted's Santorini Sailing.

3. We love Sunset Taverna at Amoudi Bay (below Oia).

4. We booked all our ferries from Athens to the islands thru Dolphin Hellas travel agency website (more user friendly than the ferries' website) and have them delivered to our 1st hotel in Athens (minimal fee).

Enjoy your trip! Our family did Athens (2 days), Mykonos (2 days), Paros (2 days), Santorini (3 days) in 2015 & had a wonderful time!
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!

We are on a flight that gets into Athens at 9:30 am and will be traveling to Paros that same day. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good ferry time departure that will give us enough time to get through passport control and the airport and to the ferry port in Athens in time?
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 06:32 AM

Northfork280, you have all day, because most ferries to Paros leave Piraeus around 7:00-7:30 AM and not again until 5:30 PM. There may be a Sea Jets ferry from Rafina leaving around 3:00 PM, but you don't say when you are travelling. It's important to state specifically when you intend to travel, because ferry timetables are different each day, and vary according to season. Have a look at gtp.gr for timetables.

If you don't want to hang around all day, book a flight to Paros Airport on the Aegean Airlines website: https://en.aegeanair.com . There are some seat sales right now, but don't know if they apply to the date you are travelling.
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I just booked a flight from Athens to Paros.
Old Feb 21st, 2018, 11:49 AM

In imerovigli avocado is very good. And the Athenian house, don't forget to try Luckys in Fira for the best gyro ever, ammoudi bay is a must for lunch, Oia had so many great restaurants.
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks rhondab!
Old Feb 23rd, 2018, 06:20 PM

1. In Paros, recommend Kapli's Restaurant

2. Sunset is BEAUTIFUL in Santorini! Ammoudi Bay & Firostefani are good places to watch sunset!
Old Feb 24th, 2018, 01:18 AM

If you are lucky enough to spend an evening on Antiparos while at Paros I can recommend many fine restaurants there — in fact, you would be spoiled for choices! Many people staying on Paros go to Antiparos for a day trip and leave before the evening fun begins. Ferries from Antiparos to Pounta on Paros run until 2 am every day, so there is no problem getting back. After the last bus from Pounta to Parikia (about 11 pm) you would need a taxi.
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Heimdall. I'm sure we would love to stay and have dinner on Antiparos since we were planning a day trip there. Recommendations for lunch and dinner would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 11:37 AM

For lunch on Antiparos, if you get to the southern end of the island, Captain Pepinos at Agios Georgios. Otherwise, any of a number of cafes around the port or up the main street. Another good place for lunch is Fanari Beach Bar, located between the two Psaraliki beaches at the edge of town.

For dinner, my favourite place is Taverna Yorgis, strategically located for people watching at the middle of the main street. Yorgis and his family are wonderful, and have been friends for years. Another great place to eat is Pavlos Place in the Galini Hotel. Turn onto the path at the pharmacy. There are so many other nice places to eat I almost hate to single out these two, but they are my favourites.