Search

Vini SIM card?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2016, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vini SIM card?

We will be traveling to French Polynesia in two weeks. I'd like to be able to check my voicemail and return any urgent calls while away. I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus and I'm on the Sprint network. I can add on an international plan for my travel dates at around $1.60 which would allow me to call back to the USA at $1.99 per minute -- receive texts at $0.05 -- and send texts at $0.50.

Or, I could buy a Vini SIM card upon arrival in Tahiti. My phone is currently unlocked. Does anyone have any idea what it costs per minute to call the USA from French Polynesia with a Vini SIM card? I've gone to the Vini website, but I'm having issues figuring this out since I don't speak/read French. I've also Googled extensively.

I'm not concerned about data as I'll have internet access in our hotels and on our Windstar cruise.

I can also purchase a Vini -- Alcatel One Touch phone with SIM card duty free on Air Tahiti Nui for $25 USD. This comes with 17 minutes of local calling. I'd have to top the SIM off when I get to Tahiti in order to make calls back to the USA.

Many thanks in advance!
Old Jan 19th, 2017, 05:26 AM

Hi - we are off to Tahiti in February. Any luck on the sim card? I have an Iphone 6. I am looking for a sim card with data and phone.
Old Feb 4th, 2017, 03:17 PM

I just dealt with this. Our hotel is going direct to Vini for us to buy the SIM card. 500 Gig is $18.00. You can't buy online. I spoke with them direct on facebook. You can't even buy them at the airport. You would have to find a location on whatever island you are going to.
Old Feb 28th, 2017, 11:41 AM

Dont most US phones now allow you to buy a plan thru your carrier that adds only about $5./mo.