SFO hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2013, 11:07 AM
TAW
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SFO hotel?

Hi,
Need a recommendation for a hotel near SFO that has shuttle service to SFO.
My flight is at 6 a.m. and I will probably have to check luggage.
Would like to stay under $100/night
Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 11:26 AM

Under $100 is not easy. Go to hotels dot com and search for hotels near SFO. Stick to hotels in the towns of Millbrae and Burlingame _ they're the closest to the airport and you won't find as many lower end motels. Once you find something, be sure to call the hotel to be sure the shuttle runs as early as you need it (4 a.m.?)

If you want to post your selection, we (who live nearby) can comment on it, but I think the issue of the price and the 24-hour shuttle is most important to figure out first.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 12:24 PM

Don't know why anyone would think living nearby is a better resource than those of us who travel and stay frequently at hotels in the SFO area...

Here is a more helpful website.
http://sanfrancisco.airporthotelguide.com/

Right now the Crowne Plaza has a sale $85.00 per night w/free Airport shuttle. I've stayed many times on business and it is fine for an overnight.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 07:01 PM

Because I've been in just about every one of the hotels at one time or another, but mostly because I know where NOT to stay.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:01 PM

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza not so long ago. Meh. It was clean. The coffee shop downstairs is fine. It's pretty old.

Red Roof Inn down the street is under $100 & has a free shuttle.

The Vagabond is under $100, free shuttle plus breakfast.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 07:22 AM

How about bidding at Priceline? I once got the very nice Marriott right by the airport for $79 or so when directly booking was at least double that. I'm not a big Priceline expert, but I THINK the airport hotels listed there (at least the three star or above) would all have shuttles.

I too think it's sometimes funny that people would think "locals" would have a better handle on this that other travelers. How often do you stay AT your own local airport?
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 09:10 AM

In answer to the last question, I don't stay at my local airport, but most travelers haven't stayed in more than one or two of the many choices either; I've at least been in most of them for one event or another. And I repeat, there are areas that you wouldn't want to stay in that call themselves airport hotels -- I imagine I would know those areas better than a non-local. I'm not dissing other travelers' opinions, but I don't see how a local's opinion can hurt.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 08:04 PM

I agree with Patrick that bidding on Priceline would be a good way to go.

Right now if you bid "SFO" area, you can get a 4* hotel for less than $100. If you bid a 4* hotel, their shuttle service should run 24 hours. These are upscale hotels like the Marriott or the Hyatt.

I'd suggest that if you have not bid on Priceline before to come back and ask for tips. Lots of Fodorites have used Priceline before and can offer you good tips and suggestions.