Amazing Race 12/13 Finale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I liked about this race was the number of locations I've been to, whether as a kid or an adult. I won't spoil anything for the west coasters, but I love the final task. I tell my students they never know when learning the 50 states will come in handy.
Old Dec 13th, 2005, 07:16 PM
iloveitalymore

Agree.

But learning about Central America can get one to be in first place faster.

Old Dec 13th, 2005, 10:16 PM

I thought this last leg was quite exciting and was very happy with how the teams finished. That boat ride looked fun!
Old Dec 13th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Ag3046

But this segment of The Amazing Race is so very inferior to the usual ones. A big chair, find your clue in a trailer park? Finding golf balls? Eternally driving an SUV? I will be thrilled to watch TAR9-Return to the World.

Old Dec 14th, 2005, 02:36 AM

I agree the last espisode was the best, too bad all the family edition episodes weren't of the same quality (hard tasks). However, just for the record...the log rolling task is not "a popular sport in Canada", as Phil said!!

I thought the geography task was superb! (especially that it wasn't magnetized.) It sure seemed close...I was wondering if the 'leak' was wrong and the Bransons were the actual winners. I was surprised the Lintz guy did so well at it.

It would have been funny to see the Weavers complete that task...hehe

I wonder if carrying your bags to the finish mat is mandatory now as the Lintzes ran with them the whole way. I noticed that Bransons & Weavers seemed to benefit thru-out the episode by having very little baggage.

I am delighted & relieved to hear that it's going back to its usual format.

Enjoy-la!
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 03:24 AM

Yea! This season is over. I'm looking forward to season 9 as I was not very fond of the family format.

It looked to me like it was a run for the finish between the two teams at one point but then it looked like the Linzes were clear winners. Was I not paying close enough attention or am I a victim of the editing?
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 04:42 AM
cfc

I think you, and the Bransons, were victims of the producers fearing that it would be a near tie and, having seen that the Linzes were going to win by a hair, holding them back until Phil could go through the whole "tell us how you FEEL" spiel.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 05:31 AM

Yea! The Whiners er Weavers lost!

Yet the Bransons & Linz' seemed friendly towards each other right to the end. Saw the "Early Show" this morning with them on it. The Linz' will give their parents 50$ of the Million, then the other $500g will be split among the 7 siblings. I don't usually watch morning TV and was disappointed that the "interview" wasn't more in depth.

Later I saw a cut to the street and saw some of the contestents in the background. Wasn't that the Weavers holding the sign "We Love Florida & Utah"??

I too can't wait to see "teams of two" return.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 05:57 AM
JJ5

I absolutely loved seeing the underground in Montreal. One of the things that tourists and travelers in general never seem to note on Fodors is the fact that more and more cold climate cities are developing underground second cities of their own.

Chicago has, Montreal has, Berlin has- these three all big time. In fact their undergrounds are much more than the kinds of tunnels and mazes shown on the race last night- some sections are bigger than other sizeable cities. The tourists in Chicago are still staying on the surface, IMHO.

Does anyone out there have experience in other highly developed undergrounds that highlight blocks and blocks of huge office systems, shops, theatres, etc. and not just the trains/Metro/Metra etc. system with some stands or street performers?

I'm going to Toronto next year and can't wait.

I still very much hate the bunching format and wish it were a real race. After that entire thing, the only real race is NOT to be eliminated. After that, no matter how well you do, actually you aren't going to be more than 10 or 15 minutes behind. In this case the last three teams had only 5 minute increment departures and in reality who could have found 2 of those times in the stadium to choose the earlier one.

That puzzle piece ending was the best on any race so far. I wish all of the races would have had some true geography knowledge as part of the final push effort. And I don't think the Weavers could have done the map well after hearing some of their comments.

If the Weavers did have a sign about loving FL & Utah, maybe they did learn something by listening to their tape audibles.

Has anyone out there had experience of a great city underground. If so, post it as I love these kinds of places. Montreal is on my list for sure now.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 06:09 AM

I was not surprised that the Linz brother did so well with the geography puzzle. At least on paper, the Linz family is well educated. They all went to private high schools in Cincinnati, which are known for high academic standards (and also quite expensive). The two youngest attend Miami University (in Oxford, Oh), which also has a good reputation. It was great to see them sharing the money with the whole fami
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 06:25 AM

I'm so glad this round ended when it did! Just in time for Jesus to be able to enjoy the holidays without having to worry about helping the Weavers 24/7 !
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 06:36 AM

lol tracys2cents!! I would have LOVED to see the Weaver complete the last task...who do you think did it? Rolly maybe, like he did everything else. It was probably pretty hard for them considering Mama Weaver didn't know Penn. was a state. Anyway, the one thing I will miss about this season is the funny remarks on this board about the Weavers, hopefully the next season there is another team we will love to hate.
Come on Feb.!!!! I can hardly wait!!
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 06:48 AM
ltt

just want to reinterate that that log rolling event is NOT a canadian pass time. lived here for 40+ years and have never seen such an event. maybe it is popular in quebec.
however, curling is very popular up here and quite fun if you have the chance to try it. the only thing they didn't include with this event is the glass or four of beer...definitly part of the curling atmosphere.
looking forward to the next amazing race without the family theme. very dull in general.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 06:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This was one of the best finales ever and definitely the best of this season. I don't think the Bransons were as close at the end as the edit would have us believe. They have run all out in other legs and if they'd been very close I think they would have here. The Weavers were pretty far behind and much as I would have loved to have seen them do the map puzzle, I think they probably didn't have to do it.

Did you notice the lukewarm clapping when the Weavers finally arrived?

I liked the Linz family from the beginning and I'm very glad they won. They never argued or whined and were pleasant and polite to everyone, even the Weavers.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 06:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh, I forgot.

When have we ever before seen someone take a nap in the middle of a task?
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 06:59 AM

When have so many viewers taken a nap during the Amazing Race? The finale was better than the rest of this season's shows. However, that is not saying much.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 07:09 AM

One more question - which team won the Yukon? My media player is not working today!
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 07:10 AM
JJ5

Barbara, "they were pleasant and polite to everyone, including the Weavers."

I think I watched a different show than you did.

The Lenza called Mrs. Weaver names to her face repeatedly. "Wicked witch and your three monkeys" was the favorite. Mapface and thunderthighs were also name-called to her. Wow, I am no fan of the Weavers at all but I can't believe the "loving to hate" mantra and general assimilation of it so very quickly on these boards. And from the generally tolerant. And they wonder how Hitler got all of Bavaria behind him with just a few speeches.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 07:16 AM

So the Linz's won? I guess the leak was for real (it could just be coincindence, but . . .). I suppose that goes to show that even the tightest confidentiality clauses aren't foolproof.
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 07:28 AM

LOL tracy!

Thank God the Weaver’s didn’t win! All that bs about praying to God, belch. You don’t pray to God that you get a good taxi driver!

I think the best part of the Amazing Race would have been if they actually showed the Weaver’s trying to do the geography map – they would have been stuck there for hours!

One complaint I had was that yet again they evened the playing field by having everyone rush to the stadium and then only separating them by a few minutes on the charter flights. I know they do that so the teams actually take some time to sleep, but they could have been sleeping on a plane or something.

Oh, and one last complaint. When they took the charter flights to the “unknown destination” they just flew from Montreal to Toronto! How about flying them to Alaska or to New York or something? They technically wound up in NY for the end of the race, but I think Alaska would have been more exciting than Lewistown, NY.

I think the race at the end was seperated by about 5 minutes. The Linz family had a head start and there was no way the Bransen's could out race them.

I clapped when I saw that Feb is going back to the 2 person teams!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -