Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Rome/Sorrento/Capri - Anyone need any trip info??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just returned from two weeks in Rome, Sorrento (traveled up and down the Amalfi Coast) and Capri. It was an amazing trip and I have to thank everyone on Fodor's for their input - we did not go wrong with one restaurant suggested by you guys! Anyone interested on info on this trip please feel free to write - i'd be happy to pass along our tips.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 03:54 PM

Suggest you try posting on the europe thread, if you have not already. Welcome back!
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 03:56 PM

i'm not familiar with those cities or towns in florida. i only know naples. glad to hear ya had a great time though
>)
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 09:50 AM

Thank you for your message. I would like to take my son and a friend to Rome for 3 nights and Sorrento (or Amalfi, or similar) for 4 nights. Remember we're only travelling from the UK. We want to see the classical sites - Pompeii and Herculaneum - but we want to do it under our own steam. So what is the public transport like? Is there a good train service between Rome and Sorrento? What about the excursions: is it better to take an English speaking coach tour (is there such a thing?) Or make our own way to the sites. Did you post the tips anywhere else on the site?
Thanks from Barbara
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 10:00 AM
yk

Barbara-

This post is on the US board, not the Europe board. You'll have better response over there.
But before you repost your question on the Europe board, do a SEARCH first over there. Similar questions to yours have been asked and answered many times in the past. Go to the Europe board and type Pompeii & Herculaneum in the Search box and you will find all your answers. If you still have questions after the search, feel free to post a question there.
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 06:15 AM

Thanks for the info yk. I didn't realise that when I put in the search terms Rome and Sorrento that a US thread had come up. Since then of course I've been trying the europe thread where I have of course found lots (too many?) answers. Thanks for pointing this out any way. Cheers. Barbara