I want to got to Mexico / Central America to do a Spanish course, leaving at the end of January 2013. I don't have much time to plan it, and can't decide: a) whether to got to Mexico or Guatemala, or: b) Where in Mexico or Guatemala I should go. I have 3 or 4 months so am free to travel around a bit as well. And advice, especially from anyone who has done one / both of them would e greatly appreciated. Ideally I want full Spanish immersion and intensive learning but want to have some fun at the same time. So far I have looked into studying in Puebla (Spanish Institute of Puebla and LIVIT immersion program) and Merida (Spanish Institute of Merida and HABLA) in Mexico, and Antigua and San Pedro in Guatemala. My worry with Guatemala is that it is too touristy so I won't learn that much, and my worry with Mexico (esp. Puebla) is that it won't be that fun at this time of year!
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Lalantop:: AOL 1800:681:7208 PASSWORD RESET CONTACT Aol Tec*h by ak/47
- 2 First time in MC
- 3 Back to Oaxaca.
- 4 playa del carmen
- 5 Mazatlan suggestions for first-time visitor
- 6 Tipping Housekeeping in Costa Rica
- 7 bugs in belize
- 8 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 9 Pollution in Mexico City
- 10 Next edition of "Fodor's Cancun & the Riviera Maya [...]
- 11 Small, swimable Mexican beach town?
- 12 Mexico City NYE ideas
- 13 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 14 Bus from Oaxaca to Mexico City
- 15 Rental cost in a cool climate in Mexico
- 16 San Miguel or Mexico City
- 17 Oaxaca Suggestions
- 18 Nicaragua
- 19 Winter escape
- 20 Entry into Cancun
- 21 San Blas
- 22 Insider Tips Guanajuato
- 23 live from PV !
- 24 five days in Costa Rica in February
- 25 Snorkeling in/near Playa del Carmen