Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Royal Decameron Costa Flamingos in P.V.?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2000, 11:06 AM
gayle

Has anyone stayed here or know anything about it? Thanks.

Old May 26th, 2000, 08:25 AM
mary

Hi, I live here in PVR and yes, I know the resort. It is outside Puerto Vallarta, even past Nuevo Vallarta, about 35 minutes drive from downtown Puerto Vallarta. The hotel is quite good, I would say 3-4 stars, very clean, nice areas, simple rooms, but good all-inclusive features and the beach is good as well. <BR>The rates are very good, and the value for money is definitely good, just as long as you don't mind to be far out of PVR. <BR>Let me know if you have any other questions. <BR>Mary

Old May 26th, 2000, 09:48 AM
gayle

Mary, <BR> <BR>Thank you so much for your reply. It's always encouraging to hear good things about a resort you'll be going to, and all the better to hear positives from a local! <BR> <BR>When you say the beach is good, does that mean for swimming, as well as snorkeling? We are avid snorkelers and hope to do some while in P.V. <BR> <BR>How far of a walk will it be to other restaurants or resorts? Is there a nice beach for walking? <BR> <BR>Thanks again!

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 05:11 PM
george

We stayed there and it was a dump. I feel sorry for you. There are so many nicer places you could have picked. <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 02:05 PM
mary

Well,first about your questions gayle. The beach and ocean is good for swimming but not really for snorkelling. If you like to snorkel, you should take a snorkel trip to for example the Marieta Islands or to Caletas. The water visibility depends a lot on the season. At the moment snorkelling is good again at these places. When are you planning to come. If you would like to book some trip, ahve a look at the web-site http://www.royale-tours.com <BR> <BR>Regarding restaurants nearby, there is not a lot near to the hotel. It is a little far out of downtown, about 35 minutes driving distance. IN the downtown area of Puerto Vallarta you can find many, many excellent restaurants, from nice cute Mexican places to very elegant International Cuisine restaurants. If you like to go out of the hotel a lot, you might want to prefer to be at a hotel nearer to the downtown area, as for example the Las Palmas or the Qualton hotel, which are more or less hotels in the same category and all-inclusive as well. <BR> <BR>Then for George, so sorry you did not like it. What did you not like ? I know that there are better hotels around, that is why it is important to rate the hotels, and I would rate Costa Flamingos 3-4 stars, it is also priced that way. I think that it offers excellent value for money, but if you expect something more luxurious, then the prices will be higher too. Let me know why you did not like the hotel, I would like to hear about it.