Search

Panama, our family experience Panama Canal, Boquete & Santa Fe

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panama, our family experience Panama Canal, Boquete & Santa Fe

Discovering Panamá

Our family recently visited Panama, and following friends recommendations we visited the Panama Canal, Boquete Town and the little town of Santa Fe in Veraguas.

The Canal was amazing, I always thought of it as a simple ditch for the cargo ships to transit, but the technology and economics behind it was impressive.
Panama city was modern, highly recommend eating dinner at Lazotea Restaurant & Rooftop Bar in the old part of Town, Casco Antiguo.

Don’t buy a tour from a taxi driver, best if you use a tour guide from a tour company. We felt overcharge and not learning anything from our cab driver. This was push to us by the people at the hotel.

Boquete was crowded, it felt too touristic to me, but my daughters love the Zip Line and I the coffee tour. If you have never done a coffee tour and you travel to Panama, don’t miss the opportunity of learning about it there. The guides at Rio Cristal were very professional and enthusiastic. We used the services of Boquete Tree Trek in Boquete.

The sleppy town of Santa Fe few miles from the main Panamerican highway in Santiago. Be aware, is a rod fill of curves and we even found a loose cow in the rd. The tiny town is surreounded by hills, mountains and by nature.

A perfectly place to relax and forget about stress.

During our weekend with my daughters we explore the town and even waterfall tour.

The waterfall tour was a big experience for everybody, specially my daughters, who love interacting with the locals.

During the way to the watherfalls we saw toucans, HUGE BLACK ANTS and wildcat tracks. I believe the guide describe the prints in the mud as of a medium size wildcat Ocelote.

Cristian; our guide knew where and when to stop to let us rest and learn about what surrounded us. His knowledge of plants, animals and local culture was impressive. He works for Isthmian Adventures. We also learn more about Panama’s history and the Canal in the 3 hrs of the waterfall tour with him that we did when we visited the Locks with a local taxi driver recommended by the hotel in Panama City.

We definitely want to come back to Panamá and again to Santa Fe, compared to the Tourist town of Boquete, it felt more authentic.
Old Nov 14th, 2018, 08:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for reporting back.