I am an American, traveling from California to Florence Italy to visit my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I leave on Friday morning, and I've been struck with a fear of detainment.....
I've only attempted to travel out of the country once. My LA based company sent me to London (heathrow) to work for 3 months. They didn't mention the need for me to have a work visa.
Needless to say, I was detained for 7 hours, and sent back to the US with a black X through my stamp in my passport.
Now, on my flight to Italy, I have a short layover in Heathrow....
Will I have to go through customs in Heathrow before Italy?
What kind of measures do I need to take to assure I get through?
I can't go back into that detaining room... and I'm dying to see my boyfriend.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week May trip with kids
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 Self Drive UK tour
- 4 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 5 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 6 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 9 Airport Transfer
- 10 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 11 Rail vs. Plane
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 16 Where to See Flamenco
- 17 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 18 Arezzo - how much time?
- 19 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 20 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 21 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 22 New Years in France
- 23 Easter Week in Italy
- 24 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 25 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do