Reload this Page >

Where to meet at L Da Vinci airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Melinda

I am meeting someone at the Rome airport in June. Since I have to drive from Siena and he arrives at 8 am, I want to know a comfortable place for him to wait with some kind of easily recognizable landmark for me, so we won't fail to find one another. Any suggestions?

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:29 PM
michelle

I'd like to know, too!

Old May 25th, 2001, 05:00 PM
Betsy

Assuming the traveler needs to clear customs, there is a place to meet him just outside the double doors that all passengers have to exit to leave the customs area. My friend described it as coming through the "bull pen," and I had no problem finding her. <BR> <BR>

Old May 25th, 2001, 07:58 PM
A.M.

I asked this very question before I left for Europe in April. Answer, from experience: when he goes thru customs into the main area, before baggage area, there are benches or chairs to the left, have him sit there. There are also benches in baggage claim. Oh, and tell him not to mind the soldiers with the machine guns. The baggage area at FCO is very basic. You should find him easily. Hope this helps, it worked for me. <BR>A.M. <BR>A.M.

Old May 25th, 2001, 08:00 PM
A.M.

Oops, one A.M. too many, damn that wine. <BR>A.M.

Old May 27th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Ellen

I met my husband a week ago at the Rome airport as he was coming in from another city. As it turned out, I was at Terminal C, and he was at Terminal B. Not a problem as they are across a small road from each other, but it is helpful to know in advance. If you want to meet at Terminal C, there is an Information Desk just after you exit with your luggage, and many people were using this area to "meet and greet". In Terminal B, there is a large clock where many people gather to wait for each other.

Old May 27th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Betsy

I saw a "meet and greet" kiosk at a US airport a few weeks ago, a great idea. Wouldn't it be convenient if more airports (domestic and international) supplied a little area, maybe just a bench or two with a sign, where travelers could meet each other?