I've just recently joined this forum after being an avid reader of your posts. You guys rock!
I'm going to Paris in a few weeks for my first time. (The rest of my itinerary is a bit undecided, but I'm taking in all the good advice I'm receiving on the forum.)
I've been a bit crazy trying to figure out what clothes to pack. I'm going to brave it and try to take only a 21" roll-aboard (old back injuries rule out a large backpack) and a smallish carryon daypack.
What do women wear? I don't want to totally stick out like an American tourist. We'll be doing the usual- walking, shopping, museums, cafes, maybe a nightclub.
I'm sorta planning at least one dress, 3 pairs of shoes (closed toe tennis shoe-type, flat sandals and maybe a dressy shoe that I can abide walking around in for hours). Do women in their 40s wear jeans there?
This'll be a real challenge to pack in those sized bags for me! I routinely pack waaay too much!
Thanks for any input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Printer 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care
- 2 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 3 10 days in europe
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 7 Trans Siberian Train
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 12 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 16 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 17 Greece during Easter week or August
- 18 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 19 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 20 The World's Greatest Churches
- 21 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 22 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 My France Vacation