My family and I are headed to Europe for Christmas, and wondering the best way to get from Venice to Zermatt by train? We only have 2 nights in Zermatt (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day), so I'd like to avoid spending the entire first day on the train. Is there an overnight option from Venice to Zermatt?
I've read tons of information about the Venice > Milan > Brig > Zermatt route, as well as the Venice > Bologna > Visp > Zermatt route, but when I actually search for the trains, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
Any information or tips would be helpful! We don't mind spending the night on the train at all, but I would like to arrive in Zermatt no later than 2 or 3pm on Christmas Eve, and even earlier if at all possible. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My France Vacation
- 2 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 3 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 4 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 5 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 6 Malaga Christmas lights
- 7 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 8 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 9 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 10 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 11 Poland--where else to go
- 12 The World's Greatest Churches
- 13 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 14 10 days in europe
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 17 Trans Siberian Train
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 21 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 22 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 25 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)