My family and I are headed to Europe for Christmas, and wondering the best way to get from Venice to Zermatt by train? We only have 2 nights in Zermatt (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day), so I'd like to avoid spending the entire first day on the train. Is there an overnight option from Venice to Zermatt?
I've read tons of information about the Venice > Milan > Brig > Zermatt route, as well as the Venice > Bologna > Visp > Zermatt route, but when I actually search for the trains, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
Any information or tips would be helpful! We don't mind spending the night on the train at all, but I would like to arrive in Zermatt no later than 2 or 3pm on Christmas Eve, and even earlier if at all possible. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel chat and reflections
- 2 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 3 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 4 Best Gift For Valentines To a Boyfriend
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 7 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 8 Advise Needed
- 9 naturalfitnesspoint.com/hair-bloom/
- 10 South of France
- 11 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 12 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 13 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 14 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 15 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 16 10 days in europe
- 17 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 18 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 land vs river cruise
- 21 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 22 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 23 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 24 Scotland ideas
- 25 Tips for first trip to UK