My family and I are headed to Europe for Christmas, and wondering the best way to get from Venice to Zermatt by train? We only have 2 nights in Zermatt (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day), so I'd like to avoid spending the entire first day on the train. Is there an overnight option from Venice to Zermatt?
I've read tons of information about the Venice > Milan > Brig > Zermatt route, as well as the Venice > Bologna > Visp > Zermatt route, but when I actually search for the trains, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
Any information or tips would be helpful! We don't mind spending the night on the train at all, but I would like to arrive in Zermatt no later than 2 or 3pm on Christmas Eve, and even earlier if at all possible. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 3 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 4 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 7 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Scotland ideas
- 11 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 14 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 15 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 16 Tips for first trip to UK
- 17 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 18 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 19 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 22 land vs river cruise
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 25 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond