My family and I are headed to Europe for Christmas, and wondering the best way to get from Venice to Zermatt by train? We only have 2 nights in Zermatt (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day), so I'd like to avoid spending the entire first day on the train. Is there an overnight option from Venice to Zermatt?
I've read tons of information about the Venice > Milan > Brig > Zermatt route, as well as the Venice > Bologna > Visp > Zermatt route, but when I actually search for the trains, I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
Any information or tips would be helpful! We don't mind spending the night on the train at all, but I would like to arrive in Zermatt no later than 2 or 3pm on Christmas Eve, and even earlier if at all possible. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 2 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 3 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 4 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 5 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 6 Tips for first trip to UK
- 7 The World's Greatest Churches
- 8 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 9 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 10 Portugal
- 11 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 12 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 15 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 16 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 19 Scotland ideas
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 22 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 23 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 London vacation rental agency