Search

Quilt shops selling fabric in Germany, Austria & Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quilt shops selling fabric in Germany, Austria & Switzerland

Hi,

I'll be traveling to Vienna & Tyrol region, Austria, Heidelberg, Bonn, Cologne, Salzburg & Munich, Germany & Lucerne, Switzerland in the next couple weeks. Can anyone point me in the right direction for shops or department stores that sell fabric for quilting? I'll be on a tour with 8th graders - so I can't go off by myself for long periods.

Thanks!
Brenda
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I googled "Stoffe" (fabrics) and "Wien" (Vienna) and found quite a few hits, the first of which was

http://www.komolka.at/index.php?cmenue_menupos=14.

Komolka is in the Mariahilferstrasse, a main shopping street in Vienna (outside the historic centre). This is probably a good place to take students and let them loose for 1/2 a hour, to go to drugstores or stock up on snacks.

If you explore the website you will see that it has all kinds of fabrics, including patchwork and quilting, and also fabrics to make Dirndls out of (traditional skirts) and fabrics for Fasching (Karnival). They could be a nice variation to the typical fabrics for quilting.

If you want more stores, google "Stoffe" and the city name. You might also try googling "Bastelladen" (craft shop), although I did that for one shop I have personal knowledge of and didn't find quilting fabrics, only silk and other fabrics for painting. Or come back here and I will do another search for you.

Lavandula