I will be in Italy next week 10/11 - 10/19 and I am hoping I can get some input on the best way to go about planning to move between cities for as cheaply and quickly as possible on the train system. Our plan is to
Fly into Venice --> Rome ---> Florence --->Fly out of Milan
I have looked at Italo, and trenitalia.com and italiarail.com, but when I search specific dates, the prices are significantly higher than what people claim they have paid (80-90 vs 30-40 euros). My question is what would be the best option to move between these cities? Are the passes an option I should use? If so, how? Can I take a bullet train to cut down on travel time - where do I search for those?
Any information you can give about how is best to go about planning, I would really appreciate. I feel a little overwhelmed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Trans Siberian Train
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 16 South of France
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 19 My France Vacation
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 23 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?