Reload this Page >

Flirting Takes Flight During Delays!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 07:27 AM
wow

Check out this article on Fodor's News and Features. It is quite interesting. Any thoughts? Opinions?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 09:40 AM
topper

uppppppppand away!

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 01:09 PM
Girl

I have to preface this by saying that I'm not exceptionally beautiful or anything, just run-of-the-mill nice-looking late 20s. I travel a lot for work. <BR> <BR>In my experience, men make flirtatious overtures especially when I am sitting in an upper class or when I am working on my laptop. I hate to sound rude but I feel like I can see their thoughts in a bubble above their heads: <BR>"Hey, she's blonde, young, and pretty cute. Look, she has a laptop! She must be smart, too! A blonde businesswoman! I'm a successful businessman, she'll be attracted to me even though I am at least 10 years older and she and I are both wearing wedding rings!" <BR> <BR>Then they start with the small talk. I am polite but don't encourage too much conversation, but I either get offered a date or a job at least 50% of the time I fly alone. <BR> <BR>If I have my laptop in my backpack there is less flirting in the check-in line than if I have it in a briefcase. And the closer to the front of the plane, the more flirting. <BR> <BR>I finally have to say this: I don't like significantly older men flirting with me. I am happily married and don't like most men flirting with me, but especially not older men. It's not flattering, it's just embarrassing. For them. They look dumb and I'm sitting there thinking "what a loser. His poor wife". <BR> <BR>And last of all: Shame on the people referenced in this article who commit adultery. Travel inconvenience (or convenience) is not an excuse to give into temptation.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 01:32 PM
stud

Somebody took their self-esteem pill today...You'd hop in the sack with some guy if he was rich enough or good looking enough. All travelling female professionals cheat on their husbands. Quit your job and stay at home if you want to be treated like a married woman.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 01:41 PM
Deena

Being a single working woman who frequently travels on business, I have noticed quite a lot of flirting going on. It does seem to happen a lot in first class (being a frequent flier, I get upgraded a lot). I've had some interesting conversations with many intriguing men. Yes, I admit, quite a few of them are married (which does surprise me). I've met some really interesting men while traveling which can be condsidered a perk, I guess. Married men do also flirt but I steer clear of them. Flirting can make the flight rather interesting (nothing inappropriate though).

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 05:56 AM
Judy

Wow: That guy who was kissing the woman while his wife slept, deserves the "slimeball of the year" award,,,with the woman he was kissing coming in second IMO! Judy