My partner and I are travelling to Italy in late october/early november this year. While we have most of our itinerary already planned, we are a bit stuck for ideas of somewhere to spend a night or two.
We will be travelling from Rome to Bologna, where we will spend 2 nights (probably with a day trip to Modena or Parma). We then have 2 nights before we need to be at our next destination, a small village near Chiusi where we're staying with a family friend.
Any ideas for a city or town accessible by train (we won't have a car) between Bologna and Chiusi that would be suitable to spend a couple of nights in? I had considered Ravenna but from other reports on this site one day there is probably enough.
We both love food and cooking, wine, art and my partner is a bit of a history buff too.
Thankyou in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 2 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 3 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 4 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 5 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 6 Barcelona to Malaga
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Getting around Lisbon
- 9 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 10 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 11 Milan airport--which one
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Which Area in London?
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 17 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Visit to France
- 20 First time in Spain
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017
Suggestions for 2 nights in Bologna/Emilia-Romagna region?