I am new to the forum and am trying to plan a trip for my husband and I for our one year anniversary. We are thinking May 2 or 3, leaving May 19. I have been to Italy in college for 5 weeks, but my husband has not been anywhere in Europe. He's Italian, so Italy is high on his list. I would never complain about going back, but of course I'd love to see new places. Oh and as far as interests--we want to see beautiful sights and eat amazing food. Not super into hiking--would rather a tram or gondola if possible. I hiked Cinque Terrae about 6 years ago, and I struggled haha
1. I know I am biting off more than I can chew trying to squeeze all this in with my dates. If I could get any suggestions on what to skip, what to do, and/or how many days to allot for each place, that would be great!
2. Considering the locations and amount of time we will be in Europe (and insane flight costs), is $10,000-11,000 an unrealistic budget? We want safe, clean, and air conditioned hotels. Hoping to use points to cover some of our flight costs.
Here is my wish list:
1. Fly into Munich, Germany (Dachau is a must; Neuschwanstein day trip would be amazing)
2. Salzburg, Austria
3. Switzerland (I'm flexible on locations--still in researching process. Was thinking just one or all of these if possible--Interlaken, Zurich, Grindlewald, and Lucerne)
4. Venice, Italy
5. Florence (This is the lowest on my priority list)
6. Rome (This is highest on my husband's list)
7. A day trip to Pompeii; sleep in Piano de Sorrento; a day in Capri
Then fly out of Rome.
I realize that Italy and the other countries should be broken into two separate trips, but if there is a realistic way to do a little mix of Italy/other countries, I would be so happy. I've been trying to look up travel times, but I feel like you all have more experience with this and can give me a better timeline.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 European honeymoon help needed
- 5 Portugal
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna