Search

bike rental

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 03:24 PM
Jen

bike rental

Anyplace to rent bicycles or mopeds (scooters) in the Cotswolds? Heading there in June. <BR>Thanks.

Old Apr 23rd, 2000, 12:33 PM
Mike

Jen:- <BR>Biking has got to be one of the best ways of seeing the Cotswolds especially in the summer month of June, it should be great (apart from walking that is where you can follow many well marked walks through beautiful countryside and villages!!) but hiring of cycles is not one I can help you with. I would suggest you first try your hotel, they at least may have a contact. <BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2000, 06:00 PM
steve

I picked up the Goldeneye Cotswolds Cycling Map last summer. One of the suppliers listed is Off the Beaten Track in Stratford-upon-Avon Warwickshire Phone 01926 817380 <BR> <BR>Also try ctc.org.uk - The Cycling Tourist Club- and see if they have a list

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 07:03 AM
Anastasia Watkinson

Hi Jen <BR> <BR>I agree, walking and cycling are the best way to see the Cotswolds. <BR> <BR>I've heard great things about Cotswold Country Cycles, who are based in Chipping Camden. They rent out bikes, but also have some pre-set self tours you can follow if you are wanting some help. <BR> <BR>Check out their web page at www.cotswoldcountrycycles.com. If you have any more questions, feel free to email me or see my web site at www.greatbritaintravelguide.com <BR> <BR>Have fun! <BR> <BR>Anastasia <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 25th, 2000, 11:26 AM
Ben Haines

Fodors <BR> <BR>I was on a bus trip to the Cotswolds yesterday (lovely) and noticed that at Bourton-on-the-Water the bike shop hires out bikes. If you phone the tourist offie there, ++44 1451 831 082, you'll get an address and phone number for the bike shop. <BR> <BR>I hope ou won't take a moped. You'd feel noisy and conspicuous on those green hills. And it looked like good cycling country. <BR> <BR>Please write if I can help further. Welcome to England. <BR> <BR>Ben Haines, London <BR>