Reload this Page >

I'm shocked - Paris Hotels already getting full for November

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 07:35 AM
mariacallas

We might be in the wrong business. Granted, I was looking for a double room, but sheesh, about five of the hotels I checked don't have anymore. Even hotels that are not so famous. That's wild. If you're going then, you'd better get crackin'. I know Paris is a bustling place, but in November?

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 07:51 AM
Ursula

mariacallas: Sorry to hear that, but that's the way it is. Paris is popular all year long. Don't forget all the conventions and Europeans who go just for a couple of days. <BR>Next to that, all the so-called "secret places" in the 5th, 6th and 7th like the ones discussed here on this board are rather small and do figure in all travel guide books. Frequent Paris travellers like to go back to the same hotel all the time, once they have found "their" favourite place and usually book months ahead. <BR>You will have to find something in a little less popular arrondissement. What about Montparnasse which covers the south side of the 6th but goes into the 14th. <BR>Blvd. Montparnasse markes the border line. It's a very nice area around Vavin and Notre-Dame-des-Champs metro stations and close to Luxembourg Gardens. Less tourists, very good French bistrots, etc. but still easy to get around. Just don't look at the ugly Tower, even if it's a good place for the view on the 56th floor. <BR>Best is to check with the web page of the Paris Tourist Office: <BR>www.paris-touristoffice.com <BR>Other good pages: <BR>www.paris.org <BR>www.hotelboulevard.com <BR>www.hoteldiscount.com <BR>www.parisavenue.com <BR> <BR>Bonne chance! <BR>

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 08:40 AM
mariacallas

I got the hotel I wanted, but I got the last room. Thanks Ursula

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 09:03 AM
Ursula

Lucky you and félicitations! <BR> <BR>The last room is still much better than none! ;-) <BR> <BR>We've booked ours for next May! So, no <BR>worry about that. <BR> <BR>Enjoy Paris!

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 10:38 AM
AGM/Cape Cod

I just tried to book the Relais Saint Germain for March and they appear to be booked. We had a deluxe double with a sitting area when we were there in July. It was expensive-$300/night but the extra area is necessary since I travel with an insomniac. Any ideas of a comparable room in the 6th?

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 10:57 AM
Jean

Hotel Eifel has nice rooms on the 41st. floor. Pacing is allowed. <BR> <BR>Jean

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Ursula

AGM: Try Hôtel Luxembourg Parc. It's a completely renovated 4-star hotel on 42, Rue de Vaugirard close to the Saint-Sulpice Church, 6th, opposite the Luxembourg Gardens. You might have chances, because not too many people do know about it yet. We had a look at it in May, however, it was fully booked and we could not see any room. You would have to enquire about the extra area. <BR>Doubles range from FF 1100.- to FF 1950.-, with balcony FF 1950.-. <BR>Next door you will find a very nice small French bistrot called "Chez Diane" which is among my favourite places in Paris. <BR>www.hotelluxparc.com <BR> <BR>You might also want to have a closer look at Hotel de l'Abbaye***, 10, rue Cassette, 6th, or the Villa Saint Germain****, 29, rue Jacob, 6th <BR>Just ask about the extra area.

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Ursula

Sorry about the typo: Doubles from FF 1100.- to 1500.-. Just the ones with balconies are FF 1950.-.

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 01:13 PM
BTilke

Re the new Hotel Luxembourg Parc, here's more information (pulled from my original post on the hotel right after it opened): <BR>It's one of the few hotels with a direct view of the gardens. I stopped in to see the lobby and talk to the people in reception. Looks very nice, decor is updated traditional (or conservative modern, take your pick). Pleasant staff. <BR> <BR>The rates (in French francs) are: <BR>Single 1000 <BR>Double 1100 <BR>Double 1300 <BR>Double 1450 <BR>Double 1500 <BR>Double with balcony 1950 <BR>Suite 2650 <BR> <BR>The double rates vary with size and view (view of the gardens is more expensive, naturally). <BR> <BR>Their phone number is 33 (0) 1 53 10 36 50 <BR>fax: 33 (0) 1 53 10 36 59 <BR>BTilke <BR>P.S. Don't forget the check for hotels in the 16th arrond. Great neighborhood and then often have rooms available when hotels in the more touristy neighborhoods are booked solid. Extensive selection of 2* and 3* hotels, plus a few more upscale hotels and a couple of outright luxury hotels (Saint James and the Raphael). <BR>