This is our first trip to England so we are novices and would like suggestions for a road trip starting from Dover where our ship will dock after a trip to see the Fjords in Norway. We plan to rent a car and would like to spend about a week to ten days seeing the English countryside ( market towns, castles and small town a la English PBS programs) and stay in small B and B's with an occasional splurge in a more elegant hotel like a refurbished castle. I have been studying the maps but am at a loss as to which locations to pick so that we see things at a leisurely pace.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 2 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.
- 3 beware of robbed in Milan
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Which Area in London?
- 6 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 7 Barcelona - Rome Viking Ocean Cruise
- 8 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 9 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 10 What did your teenagers love the most of their Italy trip?
- 11 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 12 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 Current plan for March trip
- 16 First time in Spain
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Barcelona to Malaga
- 19 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 20 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 21 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 22 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 23 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 24 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 25 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes