I need some advice from you good people. My husband and I are beginning to plan our European trip for 2016. Pozieres is a must as we have a fallen family member in the cemetery there. We know exactly where he is buried, we know everything about him, so my husband wants to go there, I do too. Our problem is trying to decide how to go about it.
This is what we were thinking:
We arrive in Amies by train from Paris - stay two nights in the area and visit the cemetery where our family member is resting. We visit other attractions and places of interest and just simply absorb the French Country Life.
1. Is there public transportation apart from train?
2. Is it better to hire a car?
3. Should we hire the car before we leave Brissy or Should we do that on the day of arrival in Amies?
4. What is the traffic like?
5. Will there be any poppy flowers in the area in July?
6. Most important question is what is the train system like in France, especially in Paris? Are they easy to follow?
Thanking you in advance for taking the time to reply.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easter Week in Italy
- 2 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 3 Moscow Hotels
- 4 Rome Hotel
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 Getting around Lisbon
- 7 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 8 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 9 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 10 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 11 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 12 Trains - website?
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 15 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 19 Spain in 2018
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 22 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 23 Christmas week in Ireland
- 24 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 25 Which Aran Island??