I am hoping for some help from folks who have been to these cities recently as to the current approximate costs of eating etc.
My husband and I are heading for Russia next month. I usually travel to Asia and find the prices in Europe (Russia) quite a bit more, but not sure how to budget for food.
We are taking the train to St. Petersburg from Helsinki, (paid for) and spending five days in St Petes.
We have already booked and paid for two ballets and two operas (one at the Bolshoi in Moscow).
We then will take the overnight train to Vladimir and spend two nights there (all paid for as well, done on line).
Then the last two full days (3 nights) in Moscow.
What I am wondering about basically is how much to budget for food and entrance fees.
I will buy the Hermitage tickets on line and we will probably hire a guide here and there. How much would that average a day for a guide?
I am a vegetarian ( I know I will have my challanges) and niether my husband or I drink alcohol. We like nice but not 5 star resteraunts. I read from fluffnfold that your averaged $50 per meal for the two of you and that sounded like it included a bit of beer/wine so that is not too bad IMO.
And tipping? I find that sometimes my budget is blown to bits because I didnt allow enough money for the tipping. Is it customary in Russia to tip everyone? And if so how much.
Thanks for your help. We are getting very excited about this trip and it is coming up fast!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My France Vacation
- 2 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 7 Greece during Easter week or August
- 8 Iceland driving in March
- 9 Northern Spain road trip
- 10 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 11 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 12 Help with Spain itinerary
- 13 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 14 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 15 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 16 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 17 Where to stay in Naples?
- 18 Driving
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 21 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 22 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 23 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 24 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 25 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.