6 days in Nice France in mid May

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2011, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am hoping someone can offer some suggestions for 6 nights in Nice.
1. 6 nights in Southern France is Nice the place to stay or what other location would be better?

2. If Nice is the place to stay is there a location that is better than another within Nice? We will not have a car.

3. Suggestion for 6 days in Nice???

Looking forward to some suggestions from some people who have had experience traveling in the area. I appreciate all suggestions.
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Click on my name for my France TR which starts with six nights in Nice. I'm going back for another six nights in March.
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 05:36 PM

By bus-Eze Village, St. Paul de Vence, Villefranche, Antibes, and lots more. On Monday there is a nice antique market in old town. I think the book market is first and third Saturday also in old town. I like the Picasso museum in Antibes. If you like museums the Chagall is in Nice as well as the Matisse. You can get some sun on the rocky beach. The rocks don't bother me. Last September there was one spot on the beach that was filled with sand. If you want to shop, there is a mall on Jean Medicine Blvd. and another one-- Cap 3000 in St. Laurent which is only about 15 minutes by bus. Food everywhere-ice cream-crepes. Can you tell that I love Nice???
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 05:37 PM

thursdaysd--I'll be in Nice again for 6 nights starting April 7.
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 05:59 PM

We've spent 16 weeks vacationing on the CVote d'Azur & I developed a 27 page itinerary that describes our favorite "stuff" in the region. I've sent it to over 2,000 people on Fodors. E-mail me at [email protected] & I'll attach a copy to the reply e-mail.

Anwers to your questions.

1. Stay in Nice for the most things to do & best transportation options to other plances along the Cote

2. We always stay at the Hotel Windsor - it is close to the Negresco hotel and just a couple of blocks from the sea. Excellent location. Ask for a room facing the garden.

3. See my itinerary - there are suggestions for weeks worth of things to do. Consider renting a car for 3-4 days so you can explore the majestic Nice Hinterland (Alps region inland from Nice).

Stu Dudley
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 10:17 PM

My husband and I have a week booked in April. We booked an apartment with Nice Pebbles who have very good reviews for 6 days that would probably work out cheaper.
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 03:46 AM

This May/June will be my third trip in 3 years to Nice.
I usually travel alone and sometimes meet up with friends.
Obviously I Love Nice. I rent an apartment and love taking various day bus trips to different surounding towns.
It is a perfect town to do nothing but sit on the boardwalk with a good book, read or people watch or explore other towns. There are museums,concerts and enough sight seeing in the town itself to keep me busy.
Public transportation is fabulous and very cheap. I have never missed not having a car while there.
Day trips to St.PAUL DE VENCE for the fabulous museum , the amazing Rothchild gardens, the Picasso museum in Antibes.
The trip to ENTREVAUX was another very pleasant day.
This year I am planning on taking the 1 day boat trip to St. Tropez. I have stayed in St.TROPEZ in the past and want to revisit the town .It is about a 2 hour boat trip each way. They allow you about 3 hours in St.Tropez, enough for lunch and a stroll through the town before going back to Nice.
I rented from NICE PEPPLES twice in the past and found them to be very good and reliable.
Hope this gives you some information.
Have a great trip.
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 04:19 AM

To the great advice above let me add a word of warning with potential great impact to your May planning: May in Nice can be madly crowded due partly to been the preferred lodging home base for two incredible area events; the Cannes Film Festival (11-26 May) and Monaco's Grand Prix Race (26-29 May). Lodging becomes scrace, public transportation is packed. Beware.
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 05:54 AM

1. 6 nights in Southern France is Nice the place to stay or what other location would be better?

Nice would make a great home base.

2. If Nice is the place to stay is there a location that is better than another within Nice? We will not have a car.

My husband and I stayed in old town, it was a great experience. It had a nice village feel. The open market was nearby, plus a great bakery we would go to get our hot baquette very morning. It was pure heaven. if you like seafood , you will be in seafood heaven. Nice became one of my favorite city because it has both the French and Italian culture. How great is that? After dinner we enjoyed walking the Promenade des Anglais.
The bus station was also nearby. It was cheap and easy, it was never crowded.

We rented an apartment from Nicepebbles.com

3. Suggestion for 6 days in Nice???

See scatcat' post. My favorites are St. Paul de Vence, Villefranche, & Antibes, ( the walk around Antibes was amazing).

My favorite restaurant in Nice is Petit le Maison.

Have great time, wish I was going back soon.
Old Apr 5th, 2012, 06:24 PM

tdk320n, is the boat to St Tropez from Nice itself? Could you give me some information about it? Thanks!