I'm posting this question on behalf of my 24 year old son who is planning a trip to Oxford during the 2nd half of March. He will be visiting a friend who is studying there. After looking through a guide book, he's come up with the following list of things to see/do:
official University and City walking tour
Oxford Museum of Natural History
Pitt Rivers museum
University Church of St. Mary the Virgin
All Souls College
other sights to see
Radcliffe Camera (covered by library or city tour?)
Bridge of Sighs (covered by city tour?)
Sheldonian Theatre (covered by city tour?)
Is he missing any essentials? Are any of those colleges and/or sights covered by the official city tour? There's not a lot of information as to what the tour actually covers, just that it's two hours and shows you the basics, so any additional information from somebody who has done the tour would be nice. Would it be reasonable and/or worthwhile to trek out to the Uffington White Horse? Finally, should three days be enough to do this?
Thanks for any help you can offer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hertz, Lisbon, Fraud Warning
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 4 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 5 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 6 Paris November 2017
- 7 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 8 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 9 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 10 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 13 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 14 Barcelona to Malaga
- 15 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 16 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 17 Christmas week in Ireland
- 18 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 19 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 22 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 23 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 24 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery