I am planning to be in Norway the first of July. I will be in Oslo one day and then plan to rent a car to explore the fjord region from July 2nd to July 6th. It seems from looking at some of the other postings that driving is a feasible alternative to the public transport route. My questions are:
1. What part of the Norway in a Nutshell route are the most important and can I do them by driving?
2. I hear a lot about Balestrand, Stallheim, Voss, Flam etc. What are some non-touristy fjord towns that are "must-sees"?
3. Any other "off the beaten path" advice around the fjords? I've heard Geirangerfjord is one of the best....true?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Yahoo Password Reset Contact Now 1;888:260:2909 Yahoo Tec*hh Boss 24byy7
- 2 Paris Apartment
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 Barcelona to Malaga
- 9 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 10 Trains - website?
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 Which Area in London?
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 First time in Spain
- 15 Best Restaurant Birmingham
- 16 family trip to Germany and more
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 19 Packing Champagne
- 20 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 21 Milan airport--which one
- 22 two days in Nice
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!