After London and Paris, and as part of a 3 week trip to Europe with my boys, who will be almost 15 and 13 (Sept/Oct), I plan to take the train to Switzerland.
I read that Murren is lovely and car-free, so thought we'd go there.
I now have concerns about
a. adding to the travel time with lots of train changes
b. inhibiting our time in the Alps. How long would it take us to e.g. go up Jungfraujoch from Murren? Is it just plain silly to base ourselves there with only 4 days (and nights) in Switzerland?
Naturally we'll be spending a lot of time hiking and loving the natural beauty after two major cities.
Also, following this we will be travelling down to northern Italy (5 days before flying home), so this may also affect the decision (more questions on this topic to follow!)
Thank you for any help with these decisions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 Christmas Markets 2017
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 10 Le Marche Research Help
- 11 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 12 land vs river cruise
- 13 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 14 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 15 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 16 Tips for first trip to UK
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 paris to london- day trip
- 19 10 days in europe
- 20 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 GTG Paris December 2017
- 23 Where to stay in Naples?
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 European honeymoon help needed
Murren or Grindelwald? 4 days including train from Paris with 2 teen boys