This May we are hiring a camper/motorhome & touring around Italy.
I really need some help on the Amalfi coast area.
I have heard you should not drive along the amalfi coast especially in a camper.
Was thinking it would be a good idea to base ourselves somewhere like Sorrento & then just make day trips to Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, Salerno, Capri etc,itit even thought it may be a good idea to leave the motorhome for a few days & just book a hotel so we stay near all we want to see & do so we don't have to make day trips.
Has anybody done this before in a camper or recommend any campsites?
Any help will be truly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 2 Moscow Hotels
- 3 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Airport Transfer
- 6 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 7 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 8 Dublin to Donegal
- 9 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 12 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 13 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 14 Barcelona tour option help please
- 15 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 16 New Years in France
- 17 Which Aran Island??
- 18 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 19 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 20 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 21 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 22 Easter Week in Italy
- 23 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 24 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 25 UK's Cornrwall Polzeath spring base