Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marozzi Bus Rome to sorrento

Can anyone advise the timetable and cost for this bus service Rome to Sorrento
We are looking at a return also
thanks
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The website is only in Italian, but you should be able to figure it out. Next summer schedules might not be loaded yet. Cost is about 17€ each way.
http://www.marozzivt.it/biglietteria...pobigl=marozzi
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:46 PM

dondonandjj.... we meet again!

The site is here.... but a little awkward to use as it's all in Italian

http://www.marozzivt.it/web.aspx

On a couple of random days, Wednesday 6th and Saturday 16th, I'm seeing:

06:00 - arrives Tiburtina (which is a train journey away from Termini) 09:45

17:00 - arrives Tiburtina 21:00

Only the later one is shown for both Sunday 17th and 24th however!

Fares are €17.50 one way, 30 Euro return.

This may help if you want to try for yourself!

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...s-or-train.cfm

Peter
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Original Poster

You are a great help Peter...
We are so excited about our trip... So much to research... I get lost in the links, but love it. You have saved me a heap of time. Thanks again. I am sure we will train to Sorrento now (5 days)then from Sorrento to Florence Train (4-5 days) Cinque Terre (5), Avignon (4) Brugges (3) and Paris (5-6)
Have you trained from La Spezia to Avignon by any chance???
Jenni
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 04:30 AM
GAC

And bear in mind that there is also a second bus operator on this route: www.curreriviaggi.it
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 06:59 AM

>>>arrives Tiburtina (which is a train journey away from Termini)<<<

Tiburtina is on the Rome metro also so depending on where your hotel is you might not be coming from Termini and prefer to use the Metro. Tiburtina is also a major bus hub for Rome so it might be easiest to bus.

The above info is incorrect for what you asked which was Rome to Sorrento, not Sorrento to Rome. It's also incorrect about the schedules as it seems to be winter. In summer there are two Marozzi buses departing Rome for Sorrento. One at 7am and one at 3pm.

For return, Marozzi departs at 6am while Curreri is at 6:30.

In summer only, Marozzi continues on to Positano and Amalfi (only the 7am bus), so if that is your final destination, the bus is an easy option.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday schedules can be different, so you need to check for your particular day.

Curreri does not run at all on Sunday.
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 10:09 AM

I am glad to see you're spending more time than most at your various stops. However, I'm not sure the Cinque Terre is worth 5 days.

Have you investigated the train trips to Avignon and from Avignon to Bruges? Look at the German train site; it's good for all Europe: www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml. That's a lot of time on the trains and a lot of changes. Especially as you have to through Paris, changing rail stations there in order to get to Bruges. Then go back to Paris.
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 10:14 AM

Oh, and to get to Sorrento by train, you train to Naples main train station, then switch in the station (walk downstairs) to the Circumvesuviana commuter train to Sorrento. Reverse for your trip to Florence.
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Mimar, Kybourbon,Peter and Gac
We are flying out of Paris
Bruges was originally a day trip from Paris but after research we decided to make a few days out of it
Have you different suggestion once we depart CT
I have not booked accomm in Avignon as yet, but I do like to be organised a little and I thought we could base in Avignon and day trip to various places
We would then depart Avignon for Bruges 2-3 days
Then Paris
Love all the feedback
Thoughts?????
J
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 01:25 AM

It's 20 years now since I was last in France, so can't be of much help - other than to say that, having had to drive straight past the one time in the area, I'd still love to visit Carcassonne: crowded or not!

Bruges often came up as a possible weekend trip after the Tunnel opened, but we never raised sufficient enthusiam - and instead would head south... Spain, Portugal - and later Italy, Italy, Italy....

Good luck though - and remember, while some are more obviously fun than others, few places are actually horrid!

Peter
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Original Poster

Hi Peter
We were in Morocco Spain Portugal 2009
Gradually heading east....
I will research Carcassonne tomorrow but to tell you the truth I have never heard of this place
We are antipodeans ha ha
J
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM

DD&J, we just changed our flight reservations to leave from Brussels instead of Paris. The change cost $70 each. It would probably cost that much to train from Bruges to Paris. And you're wasting precious vacation time backtracking.

From Avignon, you're investigating Provence by bus or train? Provence is better seen by car (and Avignon is not my favorite place to base for daytrips by car), but I'm sure you can find some non-car daytrips to full up a few days.
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:06 PM

5 of us are searching for info on bus transportation from Rome to Sorrento and best company to use to tour Amalfi Coast. We know we have to take train back to Rome to fly out. Any idea distance between the 2? Is there anything is English?

Also, any suggestions on where or what company to go for a 1/2 day boat trip out of Sorrento (or near by) Myself and a friend toured Italy on our own in 2006 thru Milan, Venice, Florence, Pisa, and Rome. This time from Rome to Sorrento, where we will stay and take day trips to other points. Thoughts, suggestions?
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:08 PM

I guess it helps to say we will be there in mid October 2012.
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:25 PM

Your only bus option is the Marozzi bus. Curreri is no longer running this route. Are you arriving FCO and going to Sorrento on arrival day or departing from Rome?

Trains run hourly between Rome/Naples (travel time is 70 minutes on the fast trains - about 45€). You would switch to the local commuter train in Naples to Sorrento (about 75 minutes - 4€).

You can use the local Sita buses from Sorrento to Positano/Amalfi/Ravello. Commuter train mentioned above from Sorrento to Pompeii.
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 05:40 AM

We fly into Rome and will be there for several days before taking the, what looks like, Marozzi bus to Sorrento.

We were advised to take the bus to Sorrento as it goes thru several towns that we would find interesting to look at. Taking the train would be fast and we would miss things on the way down.

Let me recap. Marozzi bus from Rome to Sorrento. Then going back could we take the local commuter train FROM Sorrento to Naples 75 minutes, then another train from Naples into Rome which would be another 75 minutes? Did I get that right? Thank you so much for your info. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 05:50 AM

Yes, you can take the trains back. The Marozzi bus really doesn't take a lot longer than the trains. The bus takes about 4 hours (it stops at the Autogrill about 15 minutes for a break) and the trains take about 3 hours (perhaps a little longer depending on how long your Naples transfer takes).

I don't find that the Marozzi bus goes through any interesting towns. It's on the autostrada most of the way and exits off near Naples (does not go into Naples). It makes about 4 quick stops after leaving the highway (one at the entrance to Pompeii).
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 09:10 AM

Doing only the 90 minute bus journey from Naples to Benevento and back again this last weekend has cured me of any lingering inclination I'd had towards long distance coach travel!

Personally, I'd now need a huge incentive to do the ride down to Campania that way, even if it is split into two stints...

Perhaps three hours is acceptable as an uncomplicated, cheap way of getting to Pompei by 10AM on a daytrip - but do be prepared for it to be both mind- and bumbnumbing (if I can get away with using that word!)... with views of the back of the seat ahead, and possibly lots of roadside advertising hoardings!

For scenery, at the slight expense of travel time, consider the reasonably-priced IC, Intercity, train services - they use the old route, on which you run through some very pleasant countryside, with sheep, vineyards and mozzarella buffalo farms, and hit the coast for a while near the Bay of Gaeta... all at a speed that allows you to see them!

The new, more inland, trackway of the Freccia trains is very direct and fast, however they're in tunnels a lot more often - and, for much of the journey, surrounded by high glass safety walls...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/129591563

But with either, there's at least the chance to stand up and stretch your legs... and do other comfort-related functions!

Peter
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 12:15 PM

>>>but do be prepared for it to be both mind- and bumbnumbing (if I can get away with using that word!).<<<

You rode the Marozzi bus that is used on the Rome/Sorrento route? My experience was very different as it was a nice tour bus, very comfy seats. No more mind-numbing than being on a train, especially the Circumvesuviana which is not comfortable at all unless you are lucky enough to get one of the newer trains. No way is the bus as uncomfortable as the Circumvesuviana.
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 12:23 AM

Marozzi don't offer a Naples/Benevento service, so we were on a coach of the EAV line - much like this one, passed in Montesarchio on the way back...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/144188417

Nice although you may have thought theirs...

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/144188406

... I'm more than ever of the opinion that spending four hours strapped into the seat of any such vehicle is to be avoided whenever possible... so I'll stick with the trains, and leave those to others.

Peter

PS for AnnaSue: I see times haven't been discussed as yet? You're probably already aware, but just to confirm: after the last Saturday in September, Marozzi drop their early morning service - and offer just one run per day (but none on Sundays)... which leaves the Tiburtina bus depot at 15:00 - scheduled to be in Sorrento at 19:00.

And, for various excursions from there - by bus (!), sea and other means - perhaps start by having a look at the list of this local operator:

http://www.goldentours.it/en/daily_excursions.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -