Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg OR First-Bachalpsee

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2011, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are in the middle of our 30th planning to be in the middle of june in Interlaken area - which of the following is more scenic/beautiful for this period.

Männlichen - Kleine Scheidegg
First - Bachalpsee

I mean the views, the animals, flowers, atmosphere, whatever will be remembered more and leave more impression? Besides it we will visit also the villages Murren, Wengen, lauterbrunnen (will stay there), falls, Grindelwald.
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the Mannlichen - Kl Scheidegg hike the best of all hikes in the Interlaken area. It offers stupendous views over both the Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen valleys as well as over Interlaken itself, lovingly wedged between the two lakes bookending it and giving it its name of Inter-laken and this really gentle few mile stroll also offers front views of the Jungfrau Massif - one reason IMO to walk from Mannlichen to Kl Schiedegg and not the other way around.

Getting to Mannlichen is fun as well - from either Wengen or Grindelwald thrilling aerial cable ways swoop you up there - Mannlichen itself is known for its intoxicating views that many call the best in the area.

I have also take the First to Bachalpsee walk and it is more rugged - the Mannlichen to Kl Schiedegg is basically a wide path and gently rising going to Kl Schiedegg - heck even baby strollers could do that walk - but perhaps that makes it more crowded as well than the First to Bachalpsee walk - there you get more of the feeling of isolated of you, rugged peaks, the lovely amphitheatre of a valley stretching out far below, glaciers looming nearby, etc.

Do both walks IMOIPAA!