Reload this Page >

2 Single Girls traveling to Cinque Terre

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 02:22 PM
Jillian

My girl-friend and I will be traveling to the Cinque Terre area in September and would like some advice on what town to stay in for 3-4 nights. We don't need a "wild" nightlife but would like to stay in a more active town that would be a great base for seeing the area. Any hotel recommendations (around $80/night) would be great! Thanks! Jillian

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 03:05 AM
francois

Stay in Levanto, 5 minutes by train and 15 minutes by boat to the Cinque Terre. It has a lot of pubs Wineries, a disco (but it's horrible) and more opportunity to have night life <BR>I suggest you to contact villamargherita a nice b&B in Levanto at www.villamargherita.net <BR>A 5 terre addicted <BR>with regards, francois

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 04:55 AM
ms. janet

--- <BR> <BR>The 5 Terre towns themselves (Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernaazza, Monterosso) are VERY LOW-KEY -- and there is no nightlife, per se. You do have late-nite diners; as to any 'action' you'd best stay in one of the larger towns. As prior poster suggested, Levanto is an option; possibly Santa Magherita. <BR> <BR>And I'd more accurately describe the CT as 'villages' --- small & charming. The most action you'll see is during summer months with all the tourists crowding the train stations. <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 05:14 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Hello Jillian, You want Monterosso or Levanto as your base camp. The others are really tiny with no night life.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 04:26 AM
sean risatti

Hello there, <BR> Well considering I am an American who lives in the Cinque Terre, I would consider myself a good source. Levanto no! Monterosso is where I live it is quaint and beautiful..However, since I am young and single if it was boring I would not live here! <BR> There is 2 bars that are really fun and have plenty of people in both every night...offering a great mix of locals and tourists, if you talked to people who have come they would certainly tell you. They are open till 2:30a.m. <BR> They are great if you need further info on local info try www.fishnet.it <BR> Also you get cheap housing here too in local apartments often equiped with washers and kitchens 25 dollars anight, <BR> I also offer walking tours through the 5 towns that includes a boat ride, wine tasting, a trip through a vineyard, cliff jumping/swimming, train ride back, beer at a sea-side pub. and then meeting later for dinner at a mountain-top restaurant(shuttle included) with wine, salad, pasta, desert, and the local desert wine...all for $35!! Bad jokes also included <BR>If you or anyone needs more info, you can e-mail me!! Ciao!

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 08:30 AM
Daniele

I have an hotel(LIT 160000 double room) at the station in La spezia.By train you can reach the Cinque Terre in 10 min.But we have also apertmants and room of different categories.