Kristina's Budapest, Vienna and Prague Blog

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I leave tomorrow for 12 days in Budapest, Vienna and Prague!

I've set up a blog for my trip and hope to update it as I go. We'll see how possible it is, depending on computer access, but I'll do my best!

If anyone wants to follow along it's here:
http://wired2theworld.blogspot.com/
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 04:57 AM

Thanks Kristina, we plan to make this trip in October, so will be following your blog with high interest--generous of you to take the time.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 12:11 PM

Looking forward to reading your blog reports.

Woody
Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 11:46 PM

Christina, YES! Somebody on-line is even more obsessive about travel planning than I am! I would love to follow your blog. I am just starting to plan our first trip to Eastern Europe for September 2008.

I had to laugh about your photos of the packing process. Being too obsessive, I have given up on packing my own clothes. I choose far too many, put them on the bed or on a table, and then my husband (Superman) comes to the rescue...with only a few frantic instructions from me, he packs for me. I am locked out of the room. It is wonderful!

And all your multiple copies of everything, in zip-loc baggies! Yes! Sounds...umm...a little familiar? I think you are even more organized than I am, though. That is a great skill for travel planning.

I hope you can let go and relax now that you have planned so well, and just ENJOY!
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 01:41 AM

Great! I love blogs and yours is off to a good start!!

We will be going to these places this summer ( along with other places on our 7 months of travel ) so I am always very happy to piggy back on others research and experiences.

I love to do lots of research for a trip,but we are doing non stop travel, so I am finding new ways and blogs are great.

Thanks and enjoy!!

http://www.soultravelers3.com/
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 06:48 AM

&quot;<i>For some reason I cannot access the Fodor's website here-so if anyone reading this has found my blog via Fodor's-thanks for reading</i>&quot; you blogged,-- Kristina, when you see this, know that your work is appreciated. Very good reading, especially as your grammar is above reproach --e.g., &quot;good <b>sized</b> grocery store&quot; -- I would have stopped had you termed it a &quot;good size store!&quot;
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 07:11 AM

Geat so far! I love the food in Hungary. It's making me hungry LOL. Will be following along, can't wait til next entry.
Old Mar 4th, 2007, 07:26 AM

Yes, Kristina, I am enjoying your wonderful report so much!
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!
We came to Vienna a day early and now I can log in to Fodors (thanks 29FEB for noting my comment!). Hope to get more posted to the blog if we can find an internet cafe with usb access.
Having fun, but we were just not enjoying Budapest as much as we thought so we thought we'd give Vienna another day since we were short-changing it before. It's a lovely city.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 09:51 AM

I have a blog entry on Budapest if you are planning. What a great town it is.

http://stumblebumstravels.blogspot.com
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 10:11 AM

Hi Kristina,

Hope the rest of your trip is great! Thanks so much for blogging. I've never been to Budapest, but I have been to Prague (twice) and Vienna (once). You'll love them both!!!
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 11:45 AM

Kristina,
This is great! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I'm really looking forward to your notes on Prague.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Original Poster

Hi!

Vienna is such a beautiful city and today\s weather looks to be lovely.

Thanks everyone for following along!
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 09:14 AM

I am doing the same trip in June so this is great! Thanks for taking the time to post.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 09:44 AM

Thanks Kristina. I've kept up with your report and really enjoyed it. I've cut and pasted a bit here and there into my Budapest file!

I'm going to Budapest in April with my daughter. We have reservations at the Hotel Victoria - the views are stunning - but I have an option on a lovely 19th century apartment over in Pest, close to the Hungarian National Museum and Synagogue. It is a few blocks from both the metro lines 2 and 3, and just off a tram route. I am swaying towards the apartment - it is 50 euros a night LESS than the Victoria (that's more than a day's food and wine budget for one of us!!)and still well located. But it only has a view of a leafy green square, not the Danube and Houses of Parliament. I am still a bit torn as to where to stay though because I would love that view! Even though I would only see it briefly morning and night...

Anyway great trip report/blog - keep it coming!
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 10:32 AM

I arrive in Vienna tomorrow morning and plan to make the most of the unusually warm weather. This looks to be the first March trip over the past 8 years where I won't have snow. I'll miss the snow, but not the bone-chilling cold we had some years--the weather forecast for the next 10 days doesn't show a single day where it will dip to below freezing. Amazing!
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Original Poster

Julia-
That's a tough call. I might opt for the apartment, though the views are stunning are the Victoria.
Just so you know, I budgeted about $50 (not euro) per day for each of us for food, and we didn't even come close.
Have a great time!
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 07:26 AM

Kristina, great blog! We will be taking the exact same trip in June. Your report is very helpful. Keep up the good work.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Hi!
In Prague now and this city is so photogenic, even in the dreary weather.

Just posted another day to the blog, Vienna day 2. Still having problems with photos, hopefully more to come later.
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 10:11 AM

Kristina, thanks so much for your blog. I have been enjoying reading it all week. My family and I are leaving for Prague tomorrow. I will be excited to compare your experiences with my family's. Thanks again!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -