I am currently in the midst of a six month journey around Europe. I leave England for Amsterdam on Oct 14, arriving early on the 15th. Halloween is not massively important to me, but it would be fun if anything interesting was happening close by, and a google search revealed 1 article that mentions Ostend in Belgium as one of the top 10 European places to spend halloween.
Has anyone been here for the festivities? Is it any good? Is Ostend worth a visit just for itself? Obviously the weather makes it less of a draw as a coastal town, but is there anything else worth visiting? I will be staying in Bruges for at least one night, so could visit from there rather than staying in Ostend itself.
The second part of my question is, if it IS worth visiting Ostend for Halloween, how shall I fill the 4 extra days in Belgium I now have?
Current itinerary is this:
Oct 15: arrive Amsterdam 9:00am (17 hour bus from Nottingham)
Oct 16: Amsterdam
Oct 17: to Haarlem
Oct 18: Haarlem
Oct 19: to The Hague
Oct 20: The Hague, hopefully daytrip to Delft
These hostels have already been booked: I am flexible after this point, but figured something like this:
Oct 21: to Antwerp
Oct 22: Antwerp
Oct 23: Ghent
Oct 24: Ghent
Oct 25: Bruges
Oct 26: Brussels
Oct 27: Brussels
Oct 28: Luxembourg
And then on down through France to Spain, where I fly home Dec 3.
So how can I revamp this to land in Bruges/Oostende on the 31st? I don't want to do too much backtracking, and I don't want to feel like I'm killing time to get to the 31st. Is there anything obvious that I am missing?
Thanks for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 1800:681:7208 Password Reset Contact SBCGLOBAL Tec*h Supp0rt Care
- 2 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 3 안전놀이터주소 ● 연결 : pwn22.com.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 4 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 7 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 10 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 Driving
- 15 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 16 GTG Paris December 2017
- 17 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 20 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 21 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 22 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 23 Poland--where else to go
- 24 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 25 5 days in Andalusia