I'm planning a trip to Italy and the French Riviera with my husband and twins (who will be 9 at the time). My husband and I have been to Europe a few times (including to Venice, Florence, Rome, the Amalfi Coast, Capri, the Cinque Terre, Verona, Lake Como, Milan and Paris), but this will be the kids' first trip.
I want to go to Tuscany (I've never been, except to Florence) the French Riviera, and Venice. My husband and I were married in Venice and I want to show the kids. I think my kids would like all of these places. We all love hiking, art, architecture and food, and the kids love to swim. My thought is to try to get a place with a pool in Tuscany and to be near nice beaches in the French Riviera. We don't like to move around too much, especially with the kids.
In Tuscany, I'm pretty sure I want to visit Lucca, Pisa, Pienza, Siena, San Gimignano, and Volterra.
So, what do you think of something like this:
Venice (3 nights)
Tuscany (7 nights, thinking of 5 near Sienna and 2 near Lucca)
French Riviera (7 nights, am thinking possibly Antibes)
I was thinking we could fly into Venice, and out of where? Nice?
Where would we pick up our car for Tuscany? Outside of Venice? Or, should we take the train and then pick up a car and, if so, where?
Do we need a car in the French Riviera?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 2 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 family trip to Germany and more
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 Trains - website?
- 7 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 8 Paris Apartment
- 9 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 13 Milan airport--which one
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 18 1st time to Europe
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 24 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach