My husband and I are taking his 70 year old parents on their first ever overseas trip. We are flying into London at the beginning of July and spending three days there, then taking the train and ferry to Dublin using SailRail tickets. We then plan to spend 11 days in Ireland, primarily the southern half. We would like to see Dublin, Waterford, Cork, all of the "must see" areas in the far southern areas, and then head up the western side to Connemara. I am going to use points for two nights in Dublin on the tail end of the trip, so we are there for our flight out. But we are struggling with where to spend the other nights. We don't want to move more than every 3 days, so that limits us to three B&B/castle locations. My long-winded question for the forum is, in which towns/areas should we stay, knowing we can use them as a base from which to see other sites? We will have a rental car.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 2 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 3 Greece in end October
- 4 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 7 Le Marche Research Help
- 8 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 9 GTG Paris December 2017
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 12 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 13 Favorite London memories
- 14 10 Days in Austria
- 15 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 16 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 17 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 18 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 19 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 20 Norte Dame light show!
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Avignon
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 8 months around Europe
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?